heard about BCIS on NPR

GC_impatient

Registered Users (C)
Just heard a news article on NPR about the problems that people and lawyers face while dealing with BCIS.
Finally there seems to be some awareness of this issue. Hopefully this will help future applicants.
GC_impatient
PS: IF I find a link to this article, I will post it.

I was just about to post about it :)

Anyway the program mainly talked about people waiting in line and not getting appointments (in miami). They had an attorney who said it takes 30-40 redials to get through and then you have to wait 45-90 mins. And attorneys then discuss all 100+ cases they have with them!
Looks like you can make an appointment online and get an e-ticket if you have to go to the BCIS center. It also mentioned that the problems were because of huge backlogs. They said that the restructuring was aimed at improving customer service. They also talked about e-filing for certain applications. I think they are making progress but its still pretty bad. Also I think its caused by a lot over anxious people calling everyday. I remember many people on this board used to call EVERYDAY even though their application was nowhere near processing. Anywayz call the IIO only if your case is long due. And try to have all items necessary to call. And be as polite as possible. "Sir" and "Madam" worked for me
;)

NPR

I also heard that news. The best thing is the way they explain how this organization is "Improving their customer service" by introducing 1-800 numbers and eliminating the "Wait Requirements" in the old direct phone number!

wonderful, now we know where to send our petition. I'll try to send our phone petition to that Jennifer Luden today.