Healthcare-Insurance

kfa

Registered Users (C)
My mother is been LPR for almost a year, cannot get her health coverage through Medicare or others. She's 66 years old, and they're saying she has to be LPR for 5 years before she qualifies for purchasing Medicare.
Any thoughts or ideas on getting her Health care?

thanks

How did she get her LPR? If its through sponsorship by a family member (you?) then its that family members responsibility. You can get her a private insurance, or add her as your dependent on yours (if your insurance allows that). If she was sponsored by a family member, she won't be entitled for public funds.

My mother is been LPR for almost a year, cannot get her health coverage through Medicare or others. She's 66 years old, and they're saying she has to be LPR for 5 years before she qualifies for purchasing Medicare.
Any thoughts or ideas on getting her Health care?

thanks

To get your mother health insurance there are various things you can do. First, which state do you live in? There are different regulations in different states. Does your mother have any medical problem at all? (anything...asthma? any history of any chronic condition?). They are right that she will not get Medicare (which is federal, and is available to Americans over the age of 65 or on SSD) for another 5 years, but she might be eligible for other programs in various states. I can help. Inbox me details, and I can help.