Head count for company name change cases ....

Satyender

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

Are there any people left whose I-485 cases are put on hold due to lack of clear directions from INS headquarters regarding company name cahnge cases.
If so please mention your ND, PD and last time you talk with IIO and whether she/he advised to file new I-140.

We cannot just wait forever instead let us come with an action plan. I saw many postings, in which people contacted sentaors/INS officials.

My I-485 was put on hold last week..

Satyender

No Title

Welcome to the club. Just kidding...
ND 06/99
PD 03/96
FP 01/2001
Last time I talked to the IIO she did not say anything about filing a new I140.

Some guys who spoke to IIO about filing I140 amendment have reported two different stories:

1. IIO said that after you receive the receipt for the new I140 filing, call the INS and give your EAC # for the I140 Amendment. Then your case will be put in ACTIVE status.
2. The IIO told this guy that the filing of I140 redo will not have any effect on I185 processing because they are waiting for the guidelines. Until they get the guidelines from the headquarter the cases will be put on HOLD status.

No Title

PD 9/96,
ND 10/99,
FP 3/2001,
Name change ON HOLD.

Spoke to IIO 4/5/2001 and was told the my I-485 is on hold and waiting for Guidelines from HQ. She gave no further direction.

No Title

I think I am the founder and CEO of the club ....Please count me first but I don\'t want to be last !!!!!!
Sincerely
Hanuman

No Title

I am with you guys. I am trying to find out the time line from INS HQ for issuance of these guidelines. The director of my deptt. is an ex INS big shot. I spoke to him on friday. He is going to try calling some big shot in INS HQ to find out the fate of these guidelines. Lets see if get some good news.

No Title

I am in the club too...
ND - Sept 1999
PD - July 1997
Spoke to IIO last week.Said my ammended 140 has already been filed and once that is approved,tehy will process the final review of 485. She also gave me deadline of Mid to end July for approval.
I might try calling VSC sometime this week to see if they still say the same thing
-good luck

No Title

Count me in....

PD: Nov 1997
ND Nov 1999
FP Mar 2001
No RFE
On hold for compnay name change IGTE/Mastech

No Title

me too..
PD : 4/98
RD: OCT.99
ND OCT 99

RFE replied for Employment letter, hold because of Comapany name change.

No Title

Not officially a memebr but my company namehas changed and I suspect I will be a part of this select group.

EB2 RIR ND 2/14/2000 Other
RFE 3(?)/??/2001

r3.

No Title

Hello :

Somebody suggested to write e-mails to INS through their web site regarding company name change dillemma . I wrote following mail ,
It might have some effect. I would request everybody to do same..

#####################################################

I would like to draw attention to lots of I-485(adjustment of status) cases including mine ,put on hold by INS service centers due to lack of clear guidance from INS headquarters
regarding company name/change/mergers/acqusitiions.

All INS service centers are waiting for guidelines since last 7 months.Lack of action by INS hqs is deeply affecting us. We do not even know whom to contact in this
situation.

I would greatly appreciate if this mail could be forwarded
to appropriate official at INS.

Thanks..

#####################################################

No Title

485GUY, please keep us posted about your findings thru yr BOSS. Every body will be eager to learn from a reliable source rather than from MORON IIOs.
Thx
Hanuman

No Title

one more here i-485 on hold due to company name confusion (igate) my detail pd 04/97/ rd 08/99 nd 09/99 fb 08/00

No Title

EB3 India
PD 5/98
ND/RD 10/99
FP 3/01
Company Acquired in Nov. 00. RFE for employment letter rcvd 4/01.
Sent with new comapny name sent at end of 4/01.
INS message says it will tkae 180 days, since the prelim. process is over.
2 APs and 2 EADs done so far.