HDFC receipt and appointment

paliopolis

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys
I am here in the US and will be going to India , so I need to revalidate my H1-B and need to take an appointment for stamping.
I was wondering is it is possible to have the fee paid at a HDFC bank in Mumbai and use that receipt to get an appiintment in Delhi ?
Or do I have to have the receipt from a bank in Delhi to get an appointment in Delhi ?

Becuase I have relatives in Mumbai who can goto the bank , but I want to get the passport stamped in Delhi.

Has anyone done this before ?

TIA

I don't know if anyone has done it before or not but I don't see why you cannot do it. Once you have HDFC number you can take appointment at any consulate in India. Good idea would be to call Delhi consulate and get there confirmation.

not a problem.
paliopolis said:
Hey Guys
I am here in the US and will be going to India , so I need to revalidate my H1-B and need to take an appointment for stamping.
I was wondering is it is possible to have the fee paid at a HDFC bank in Mumbai and use that receipt to get an appiintment in Delhi ?
Or do I have to have the receipt from a bank in Delhi to get an appointment in Delhi ?

Becuase I have relatives in Mumbai who can goto the bank , but I want to get the passport stamped in Delhi.

TIA

tusharvk said:
not a problem.

Hello,

I need information about validity of H1 visa for sponsoring Visitor visa?
I have H1 visa untill FEB 2007.My inlaws have an interview in November.Is it ok if i send my H1 visa document? Will it effect my inlaws interview to get visa?

Thanks in Advance

Is there a way we can take this DD from US? I guess not.

Can I try using citibank NRE account and get a DD?

paliopolis said:
Hey Guys

TIA

pstvak said:
Is there a way we can take this DD from US? I guess not.

Can I try using citibank NRE account and get a DD?

NO! It has to be from HDFC in one of the specified branches in India. Look at the website for the branches where you can go to take DD.