Haven't received my landing fee refund yet...please advise.

santex24

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
I had completed the required form and sent my request for refund sometime in July 2006. I haven't
received my refund yet. I had provided my friend's Canadian address while landing and gave the same one
for the refund. Any idea why it is taking this long? Is there a phone# I can contact them?
The 1-800 phone# that is shown on the website works only from within Canada. I currently live in the US.
Please advise....

santex24 said:
Hi friends,
I had completed the required form and sent my request for refund sometime in July 2006. I haven't
received my refund yet. I had provided my friend's Canadian address while landing and gave the same one
for the refund. Any idea why it is taking this long? Is there a phone# I can contact them?
The 1-800 phone# that is shown on the website works only from within Canada. I currently live in the US.
Please advise....

Hello,

Have a question regarding this., Did you submit the form when you landed in Canada or did you submit here from US?

When I wrote a email regarding the refund, got an answer saying "If you are entitled to a refund, a cheque will be issued to you by the RPC in Buffalo in due course. There is no need for you to contact our office with respect to this refund unless your address changes"

This happend in July, till now I did not receive any check. I landed in sept 06 and came back after 2 days to US.

Do I Need to submit the form to get the money back?

Appreciate your reply?

Thanks

I did not apply for the refund, (see my below post) they will automatically send you the balance check if you qualify.

I got EAD in USA and I gave away my landing rights to Canada. I had even got an immigrant stamp in the passport but I did not wanted to take any chance on advance parole to get back to USA. I have heard lot of bad experiences. Does that immigrant stamp from Canada in the passport matter at all? Will it cause any issues with the green card process??

Anyways, do you know how do I get my landing fee back?? I wrote an email to buffalo and they told me to mail my passport with landing papers. I think which is not true...please give me your suggestions??

thank you!!