Haven't gotten EAD yet, but got interview notice already???

emiko

Registered Users (C)
so I haven't gotten EAD notice or anything related to EAD yet, but I just received an interview letter for I-485. Is this normal?
Did I miss something in the mail?
:confused::confused:

Here's my timeline

Sept 5 - sent out I-130, I-485 everything to Chicago lockbox by USPS express
Sept 7 - Received Date (RD)
Sept 10 - Notice Date (ND)
Sept 12 - Checks cashed
Sept 15 - NOA receipts for I-130, I-485, and I-765 received
Sept 16 - Finger Print (FP) Notice Date (ND)
Sept 17 - Finger Print (FP) done
??? - Request For Evidence (RFE) notice
??? - EAD approval notice
??? - Received EAD
Nov 8 - Received interview notice for December 11

so I haven't gotten EAD notice or anything related to EAD yet, but I just received an interview letter for I-485. Is this normal?
Did I miss something in the mail?
:confused::confused:

Here's my timeline

Sept 5 - sent out I-130, I-485 everything to Chicago lockbox by USPS express
Sept 7 - Received Date (RD)
Sept 10 - Notice Date (ND)
Sept 12 - Checks cashed
Sept 15 - NOA receipts for I-130, I-485, and I-765 received
Sept 16 - Finger Print (FP) Notice Date (ND)
Sept 17 - Finger Print (FP) done
??? - Request For Evidence (RFE) notice
??? - EAD approval notice
??? - Received EAD
Nov 8 - Received interview notice for December 11

No that's not normal... but it does happen occasionally. Bearcat82 (in the September 2008 thread - http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=285762&page=5) received his IL the other day even though he has not received his EAD yet.

Yes, my RD and ID are the same as yours and I don't have the EAD approved either. Where is your interview?

Go to UserCp link on top left corner of this page and it has create/ edit signature link!

That's some fast USCIS processing for ya! Let us know how your interview goes!

emiko ..quick question..I noticed that you have a placeholder ?blank? for RFE ...
why do you want to get a RFE :) ?

LOL
I saw other ppl got it so I was waiting for it to come. Basically, I copied the timeline from other ppl...that's all..I guess I won't be getting RFE then
hahaha

Yes, I'd assume RFE is very unlikely since they already gave you the interview date and most likely sent your file to the local office. But be aware that if there are any gaps/omissions in your application, they will definitely ask about them during the interview, so prepare as many documents as you reasonably can.

Hi Emiko,

I was in a similar situation. I sent my paperwork for adjustment of status sometime around end of october 2006 and got fb done in 15 days and then letter for interview for jan 2nd (but unfortunatley they declared jan 2nd a holiday as Nixon passed away) But I also hadnt received EAD card or travel/parole papers.
My interview then got postponed to a month later, feb 5th 2007 , by then i got EAD, I went for my interview, which went well. Yes- they asked quite a few questions, stamped my passsport and said I will get my GC in mail. They took my EAD card back.

good luck :)