Have you received your Receipt for April 2008 Peitition?

carry me

Registered Users (C)
If you sent your H-1B petition during the April 1 to April 7 period in 2008, have you received a confirmation or a receipt from USCIS indicating the delivery of your documents?

FedEx lost the track of my package at some point and I don't even know if my petition is in USCIS hands or not. I filed PP.

Thanks.

FedEx lost the track of my package at some point and I don't even know if my petition is in USCIS hands or not. I filed PP.

I am in the same situation as you are, pal. No clue whether the package was lost or delivered, since the status didn't change after April 1 and says 'Newark, NJ'. If you filed Premium Processing, I would say you should get some sort of response from USCIS within a week or so.

Confused

Hi all,

What does PP actually do? I assume that one has to be selected via the lottery first and then if he/she filed PP, the application will be expedited. Am I wrong? Please provide some answers.

I filed through regular processing and I know that it got there on April 1st via FedEx.

ViewSonic

I guess if you file PP you will learn about the outcome of the lottery right after. Whereas if you file regular, you should wait a few months to get the bad news?

I'm not sure though. It does not make sense to keep people waiting for a few months just to give them a no no nod!