Have you heard of an RFE for proof of satisfying the 180 day rule ?

enjoys1

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone heard of INS issuing an RFE requesting for proof(paystubs (or) experience letter) that the petitioner worked for 180 days with the sponsoring employer after filing I-485 ?

did you get such RFE or just shooting in the dark. I have not seen any message here (or anywhere) on this topic.

Just shooting in the dark .....
Thanks for clearing that you "have not seen any message here" of that sort.

I was laid off 2 months after filing my I-485 but before completion of 180 days.
But, my previous employer gave me 5 months of severance pay. So, I have pay stubs to show that I worked for 7 months with my previous employer but I don't have an experience letter from them to show that I worked for them for 7 months after filing my I-485.

That is why I wanted to find out if anyone had receieved an RFE EXPLICITLY requesting for proof(paystubs (or) experience letter) that the petitioner worked for 180 days with the sponsoring employer after filing I-485 ?

Thanks again

You have to read AC21 again. It doesn't matter how long you worked for sponsoring employer if you case is pending more than 180 days.

Yup! AC21 deals with this very decisively! No worries if you have crossed the 180 day rule.

In fact if AC21 is taken in the very liberal sense, it would imply that if you have been waiting 180 days you should be assued a green card!