Have you done this... - Travelling using AP with a COPY of I-485 Receipt Notice?

SouthIndian

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Have any of you travelled using AP with ONLY a \'Copy\' of I-485 Receipt Notice? Is there any requirement such as the person needs the Original Receipt Notice? If so, please can you point me out to such info.?

PS: I have read some posting saying that it\'s adviced to carry the Original I-485 Receipt Notice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Princess

Never been asked for 485 receipt (or a copy)

I\'ve travelled multiple times with only my AP and have never been asked for the 485 receipt (or a copy of it).

No Title

You should also carry EAD card along with AP for smooth entry back. IF you have no EAD, take the current h1 or whatever the document you have that states the current status. Also, take all other relevent docs with you (just in case they ask at airport on return).

No Title

Yes the rquiremnet per my att. is that to carry original 485 notice. But neither I or my wife asked when we returned.

Recently I travelled on AP

At the port of entry, give your passport, original AP and a copy of I-485, the officer will ask you to wait or get your baggages and come back. I did the same, and when I am back with baggage, he called me and asked, how I am processing my GC. I told him through employment. Then he gave me back all the documents with the stamp on it. When you fill I-94, leave blank the VISA details. Absolutely, there is no problem, in travelling with AP. Also, when I travelled I had not got my EAD approval, before arriving, I checked the status over phone, lucky EAD got approved. Hope this helps.

Question for Star1100

Hi Star1100,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I appreciate it much. Can you confirm whether did you SHOW them a Copy of I-485 Receipt Notice at the Port of Entry when you travelled on AP?(PS: Did you have your Original at that time with you (Or) your attorney).

Thanks in advance.

PS: Thanks to all of you who shared your views.

Have a great day.

Regards
Princess