Have to clear FPGEE

Venus

Registered Users (C)
Hi Archana,

You have to clear FPGEE ,TOEFL,TSE AND get Michigan Intern License.
Then companies are going to sponsor you for H1B.

Walgreens,RiteAid,CVS will sponsor H1 as Pharmacy Intern(Grad Intern).

Unfortunately no company will sponsor H1 as Pharmacy Technician in Michigan.
First you clear FPGEC .i studied Review of Pharmacy by Shargel and cleared
the exam.

I was told by my friends that in California ,Rite Aid is sponsoring for
Pharmacy Technician.

Good Luck
Venus

No Title

Hi Venus,
 I read that u have cleared the fpgee if u dont mind can i please get some tips.

bye
mamata

No Title

Hi venus,

Thanks a lot for your reply.Do you have any idea if one has work permit he/she is allowed to work as pharmacy tech? Like I am waiting from last july for admit card from FPGEC but it\'s really taking alot of time.
Bye.

Archana

No Title

Hi venus.

Thanks a lot.
     I am worried about the time for proccessing my application .But whenever I call fpgec they ask me when I applied & then they tell me it will take a couple of months more.I even sent two written letters with signiture but has not received response to it.I am really puzzled as what exactly is the status of my application.
 Bye.
 thanks again.
 Archana

No Title

Hi Archan,
Have you received your ATT number? When did you apply exactly? Did they ask you to submit documents in a different way? I would appreciate if you respond.
MoJO

No Title

Just to let you know my case: I applied in December and after 2 faxes asking for my application\'s status I received a letter informing that due to the high volume of applications they would not evaluate mine until Summer 2001.
It seems they are really slow.

No Title

Hi Venus,
I read that you have cleared fpgee.I need to know what all study material does one need to go through in order to clear the exam.I already have comprehensive Review of pharmacy by shergel.Is it enough or Do I need to get something else as well.Moreover what is the level of difficulty of the test.I\'ll be highly obliged if you can answer my questions.Thanks.
Sonu

No Title

Hi Sonu,

If you get Morris Cody Material it will be useful for few chapters.
 Clinical Pharmacy,Administration which contibutes 15% of the exam
is not covered in shergel.If you anwser approx 60% of the questionaire (FPGEE Exam) you are going to pass.
I dont have the contact number of morris and cody.For an average student I recommend Morris cody material and shargel.These two are more than enough.

Best of luck
Venus

No Title

Hi sachin ramesh,
       I applied for the fpgee in july 2000 but haven\'t received ATT no yet.I submited all the documents to them directly i.e transcripts from pharmacy school & licence from mumbai pharmacy board.I don\'t understand why it is taking so long time.In the mean time I got my work permit also so I am looking forward to some pharmacies which will accept me as a pharm tech.
  can I know about your case?
  Thanks

No Title

Hi Archana,
Thanks for your response. I applied in Jan 2001. I don\'t know why they are talking so long to approve your application. I think right now they are processing for people applied in sep 2000. Did you get any letter from NABP asking for more documentation? Have you checked with them whether they have all your documetns in your file? I think they are expecting the documentation in a specific form..that is all the papers should be in their respective envelops and the flap of the envelop should have the stamp. I think they want original certificates instead of notarized photocopies. One of my friends applied in september and he got a letter couple of weeks ago asking for more documentation. If he had the right documentation he would have gotten the ATT number. If you have any name changes that might prolong the process. Please post the information whenever you get the approval or any response.

One more possibility is that they may not want to let more people to take FPGEE!

No Title

i bet ,if ur not out of school long ago,use morris and some commmonsence,espacially in sec-II(ie..in paper base exam),reading morris alone will not help(take it or leave it.thats my experience).
good luck

No Title

Hi mo jo,

Thanks for your earlist reply.

The whole situation is really perplexing for me.I am also wondering about the time they are taking for processing.(But some of my friends told me that same was the case with them)Actually in mid March they asked me for the NAME OF FIRST DEREE IN PHARMACY (as I mentioned MPHARM in the application as was given in example) & notarised copies of some documents, I provided them all.I also came to know from some of my friends who are now working as pharmacists that these people are very fussy.They search for the deficits in your application one way or another.To get through easily is real fluke.
  I will let you know about my case.I am expecting ATT no in couple of months.Let me know about yours too.
      Thanks
     archana