Have received a job offer

oct_rd

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys

Yesterday after 4 months of patient, sometimes desperate search i finally received a job offer.

The job title as well as the job responsibilities are totally different from the one mentioned in the labor cert. The job though is with a fortune 500 co. almost a dream job, and the pay package is also substantially larger than what i was getting up to now. My 180 days are over and i would be using my EAD

My current employer has been very supportive through out. I know that he would support me in every way if RFE comes.

My question is would this pose a problem. The new company has already told me that they would inform the INS within 10 days of my joining and i think being a fortune 500 company i should forget about getting a job responsibility letter that parallels the labor cert. letter.

Is any one in the same boat. Please advise.

thank you.

In What way is the New COmpany Responsible for informing INS ,
If you are working on EAD with the New Company , 485 is out of their domain.

I dont think the new company needs to inform anything unless you are going with your H1.

Similiar job,,,covers a broad spectrum of responisibilities Unless offcourse you are totally out of your perimeter, working as a personal trainer instead of programmer!!!

It should be the otherway round...

Hi Oct_rd,

The older company has the responsibility for reporting to the INS
that you no longer work for them.

But...

They can still keep you on payroll for namesake by asking you to take Vacation time. In that way, while you wait for the Approvals
you can appear to be on the Job/payroll.

On an EAD you can work for different companies. Even sell SOAPS if you may...but the Idea is...INS is interested in matching the criteria on which you had appiled for GC.

With a newer job your salary bracket, or position may differ, INS does not care as long as the field of work is the same.

If you are back on H1 even then the newer Employer need not tell the INS about your GC position. If you don't receive a RFE
(which would go to the older company) you are safe.
If you do the older company and the lawyer have the responsibility to inform the INS accordingly.

I very much think you should be safe otherwise.

Good luck

-Roma

Hold off

Originally posted by oct_rd
thank you for your responses. Guys any more advice.

If you can hold off then do so. Since you are joining a big company they will report it to the INS that is SOP.

Also, you are suppose to find something related. Better safe than sorry. Trust me I learnt this this the hard way.

RFE wount go to Old company.

Unlike H1 termination, where the old company must inform INS, with 485 pending,, the employer does not have to/doesnt usually report to INS.

Your RFE will go to the new law-firm or you, depending on the G28 application. It does not go to the old employer.