Have PERM - EB3 to EB2 question

canadiadian

I'm based in WA and from my name you can guess that I'm Canadian. I have PERM finally after a 2 years of it pending. My company is about to file I-140 for me. I'm in the EB3 category so it will take about a decade with the backlogs to get this mess sorted out.

I'm pushing my management to move me to a job in the EB2 category. My problem is that I'm on the one year extension of the H1B category. What are my options for moving to a job in the EB2 category. Do I have to wait for the I-140 to be pending for 6 months or something? Can I just refile in EB-2 and start over avoiding the time wasting PERM process?

Any ideas? I do qualify for EB2 in my field. I just have a company that writes basic job descriptions and thus I'm in the EB3 category.

I swear that they would write up Obama's job experience requirement as someone with 2 years of experience as either the governor of a state or working as a US senator. That's another story though.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

PERM approved with mistake in ETA 9089.

How can we ammend form ETA 9089 if is approved?

PERM approved with mistake in ETA 9089

If the employer submits a new ETA 9089 and is already aproved it would be denied?

Last edited by a moderator: