have passport stamped at Miami center 1/8/2001

No Title

THANKS JONDIAZ.WE WILL STAMP PASSAPORT THURSDAY.WILL POST THE EXPERIENCE

No Title

congrats!
I have a question for you. I\'ve been waiting for the approval at long time, my FP was made on July/2000, and now we are applying for the renewer of employment authorization card again. I hope the letter of approval come soon, but I have to go back to my country for a while (I sure have the permission to travel). My question: When you received the letter to get your passport stamped, what was the limit time to be there? Do they put a specified day and time or you can go any day after the letter arrive?
Thanks,
S.Mraz

No Title

Random, white and others,

Today I went to Miami INS office and waited for 5 hours in the line only to be told that I can\'t get the EAD renewed at local INS office :( They told me that I need to apply at TSC as my 485 is pending there. When I told them that other local INS offices like Boston, Detroit, Denver, ATlanta, CLeveland etc are issuing EAD locally, she blindly denied to listen saying it is impossible for any INS office to issue EAD locally !!!!!! She refused to even see the instructions of the 765 form where it was mentioned that I could apply either at TSC or locally. Now I am going to apply at TSC for the renewal of my EAD and hope I would get it before the expiry of my 6 years of H1 which is valid until May 2, 2001.

just one more bad experience with the adament and rude INS people.

desi90210

No Title

No. There is no any time limitation on that approved latter, and you can go to INS to have your passport stamped at any time. We had our passport stamped one month later after we received the letter. But generally speaking, three months is a milestone. Most people have thire passport stamped as soon as they received the letter.
I recommend you do this within two - three months.

No Title

Sorry about that.
As I know, as long as you filed your renew application for your EAD before the expiring date of your H1-B1 visa. It is no problem for your status in US. Some of my friends experienced the similar situation, they submitted the H1 renew or H1 to F1 transfer before the deadline and it is ok.
Good luck to you.