• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Have not received Green Card ID

Malaysia09

Hi,

I had succesfully completed all necessary checks and have safely landed in US on Dec 15,My question is how long does it take to receive my green card id ? Who do I contact inregards to this matter,I called KCC up but they had asked me to call the US embassy/consulate that had issued me with the visa.I have yet to hear from them.

I had read somewhere in the documentation sent by KCC that states you would receive your SSN and id upon 3 weeks of arrival.I had visited the SSN office my self last week and they would be sending me the SSN in the next 2 weeks.

I need to enroll for college hear and really badly need my green card id. Anyone have any idea how long it takes and whom can I contact ?

Im currently located in New Jersey,USA. Plz advice:(

Thank You

1. Your visa works as your green card (valid for 1 year) so you can show it when you need. Read the letters at the botton of the visa.
2. You should get a welcome letter with a reference number to track your green card.

I don't think KCC can help you anymore since you had the interview your case was transferred to the embassy so i think you should call the USCIS https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices locate the nearest office for you and then call them they will pretty much help you . and the GC usually takes 4-6 weeks to arrive and the SSN takes less time than the GC. about the welcome letter you should have received that at your point of entry when you activated your green card. I hope I have helped :)