Have not received EAD 3 and half months after applying

lj

Registered Users (C)
RD 8/23/01
ND 9/26/01
Haven\'t received EAD yet. Is there anybody in the same boat?

Tried to call NSC but the phone was forever busy. Is there any trick of getting through? Any advice is appreciated!

It might have been returned

The same happened with my wife\'s EAD...both mine and my wife\'s were mailed on Oct 29th, i got mine on 31st Oct...but we didnt get her\'s. We called up INS 3 times and they check address and say they mailed it and they cant issue a replacement card as the one they send didnt come back as undeliverables. No help from attorney. I used to check AVM everyday and luckily on Nov 29th the AVM changed and directed me to IIO. She mailed it back again and we got it. So you should probably do the same thing. Keep checking the AVM and If you hear a message other than \'The case has been approved....\', it means that they got it back. good luck. I dont know if it will be of any use to go to local INS cos your case has already been approved i guess...but i am not sure though.
FYI RD 08/13/01 ND 09/20/01

Hi Lj can u help my friend GCAR.........Please do... Look for his post in OCT RD Forum

Hi, Lj

RD Oct 26th
ND Nov 24th

Got receipts for EAD/AP but haven\'t got a receipt for 485. Is something wrong in my case ? I got my ED/AP receipts to my home address. I haven\'t checked with my lawyer as to whether she got my 485 receipt. Is it possible that 485 receipt be sent to the lawyer and EAD/AP receipts being sent to home.

Guys am a bit scared. Please lemme know.

GCAR

It actually hasn\'t been approved

bhf, thank you very much for sharing your experience with me. My case actually hasn\'t been approved, according to the AVM. It just says that my application has been received and a decision will be reached. So does that mean I can go to the local INS and get an EAD there? Does that have any implication on my I485 application? Please advice. Thanks a lot!

Got 485 receipt from my lawyer

GCAR, in my case the EAD receipt was sent directly to me and 485 receipt was sent to my lawyer. So you should definitely check with your lawyer to see if she\'s got it.

My EAD was delayed by an RFE, so I go an interim for 90 days at the local office.

My EAD was delayed by an RFE, so I go an interim for 90 days at the local office. Now, as per AVM my EAD is approved as well, I am yet to get the card though. As far as I know there should be no impact on you I-485, but again I am not an immigration attorney. If you get an interim EAD, preserve it even after getting your original as you may have to submit (or show) it during stamping.

Hope this helps.

go to local INS

I think you should go to local INS as per 90 day rule...however talk to your attorney too.