Have interview date, can i get an earlier date.

testboy

Registered Users (C)
I have an interview date for Jan 2011 first week. just wanna know if its possible to get an earlier date say b4 Christmas. if i can call the office or go in my self and ask. its in Orlando, Fl.

Thanks

No it's not possible, as your A-File is send from the main warehouse to the DO that requested the file according to the interview date among lots of other behind the scenes factors for scheduling.

I have an interview date for Jan 2011 first week. just wanna know if its possible to get an earlier date say b4 Christmas. if i can call the office or go in my self and ask. its in Orlando, Fl.

Thanks

Normally not done. If you are living close to your DO, have time, no harm trying. Hope you have a valid reason why first week of Jan not suitable. Be prepared in that case for postponement of your interview to a later date!!!!!!.

The Orlando office has back to back interviews with multiple officers every single day. I would be very surprised if they would be able to reschedule you to an earlier date. They have probably given you the earliest possible date - first come, first served - and it wouldn't be fair to others if you jumped in front of the line.

But don't worry, you will have your oath ceremony the Friday after you interview. That's one of the nice things about Orlando.

You'll do your interview and if approved, they will ask you to wait for your oath letter, and you'll be a US Citizen before the end of the week. Look at my timeline.

thanks, i might just leave it as it is.

Remember that rescheduling your interview can cause long delays. Unless you really have an emergency and cannot make it, I would give it a try. Usually, preponing of dates does not happen. They might schedule you for a future date. Just don't take chances when you have a choice. All the best.