• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

have gotten interview date but need help on police report

asanrex

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I Just called KCC and they confirm my interview on the 8th of July 2010
As you can see from my signature, am a Cameroonian schooling in Nigeria and my place of interview is in Nigeria.
I have been going over the treats and i just discouvered that i also need a police report from my country too so i wish to ask how i can go about getting one
Also i am planning to travel back to my country to get some documents ready so i wish to ask if i can do the police certificate there or isn’t it how its suppose to be done pls let me know
And am i suppose to do it at the place where all dv 2010 winners in my country are doing their own police certificate or where am i suppose to do that
Pls i wish you all could throw more light on how i am suppose to go about solving this problem and any other supporting document.
Waiting to read from you all

HOME COUNTRY : Cameroon
Presently studying in: Nigeria
CASE NUMBER:2010AF00045XXX
NL RECEIVED BY E-MAIL: January 13, 2010
SENT TO KCC VIA DHL: February 3, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA DHL : February 10, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA KCC: February 22nd 2010
CURRENT IN JULY
INTERVIEW DATE: 8TH JULY 2010
SECOND LETTER SENT: still waiting
SECOND LETTER RECEIVED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT STARTED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT COMPLETED: still waiting
MEDICAL STARTED: still waiting
MEDICAL COMPLETED: still waiting
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL: still waiting
VISA COLLECTED: still waiting

You would need police reports from both Cameroon and Nigeria (or any other place you lived > 6 mos after 16yrs old)
Nigerian forum has a ton of info how to get the police report and medicals, chk that thread.

Call/email Cameroon US embassy and see how you should get the police report (some US embassies get it for you) , usually its from the country's Police HQ.

You seems bit late in doing this, act fast!

Good Luck.

This is my personal thoughts.....

why did you choose to have your intvw in Nigeria? Its a place with a heavy work load/backlog and complications.
May be CP in Cameroon would have been a better choice.
You can now try ask KCC/Nigeria/Camrn to transfer file, but it may delay the intvw a bit.

as I said just JMO!

Well my friend you gone be ok, and you can do it and prepare the police certificate, it's better to have your interview in your home country, but if the god wants to make it you will make it any way, my prayers with you friend, please include me in your prayers to have my interview in augest :) good luck from asia palestine :)

thanks firo for the reply
i will always include you in my prayers to be current, have an interview date and be succesful too
do keep in toouch