Have been through almost everything ..

saras76

Banned
Guys,

Now that my wife has received an RFE on her 485 I was just thinking that my case has pretty much gone through every hoop this damn GC process can throw my way. Here is a list -

1. LC at State level took 1.5 years because of Bush's clemency of illegal aliens. All of them applied for some permit the year I applied and the case got back logged.

2. The State backlog caused a huge backlog at Federal level and it took 1.2 years.

3. When the LC finally got approved and the 485 and 140 was filed, the nightmare really began.

4. First my wife got an RFE on her AP. The ridiculous reason was that some papers were missing from her AP application. I bet you a million dollars that they lost the damn application.

5. Soon after the RFE they sent my 140 and 485 to Miami. I am in Atlanta.

6. After 6 months of tireless effort and a lot of stress, I finally got them to get the case back to TSC.

7. Finally after a year of filing they approved the 140.

8. Now there is an RFE on my wifes 485.

9. Only God knows whats in store next .....

I just can't believe it. This is truly a cursed process for me. I have been with the same company for 6 years. I have a degree from a reputed US college and have never been in any sort of legal or immigration related trouble. God only knows why this process has been so messed up.

I am sorry if I have bored you with my ranting. I just needed to blow of some steam.

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough to go.....

Hi Saras76,

I really can understand your pain. Its really tough and hard to go through. Eventhough you are too patient in answering other people concerns. You are one of a big asset in our forums. I wish you to get your GC soon.

Good LUck

You are almost there.............
I can understand what you might be going thru (maybe not completely but to some level), but I think you are almost there.

saras76 said:
Guys,

Now that my wife has received an RFE on her 485 I was just thinking that my case has pretty much gone through every hoop this damn GC process can throw my way. Here is a list -

1. LC at State level took 1.5 years because of Bush's clemency of illegal aliens. All of them applied for some permit the year I applied and the case got back logged.

2. The State backlog caused a huge backlog at Federal level and it took 1.2 years.

3. When the LC finally got approved and the 485 and 140 was filed, the nightmare really began.

4. First my wife got an RFE on her AP. The ridiculous reason was that some papers were missing from her AP application. I bet you a million dollars that they lost the damn application.

5. Soon after the RFE they sent my 140 and 485 to Miami. I am in Atlanta.

6. After 6 months of tireless effort and a lot of stress, I finally got them to get the case back to TSC.

7. Finally after a year of filing they approved the 140.

8. Now there is an RFE on my wifes 485.

9. Only God knows whats in store next .....

I just can't believe it. This is truly a cursed process for me. I have been with the same company for 6 years. I have a degree from a reputed US college and have never been in any sort of legal or immigration related trouble. God only knows why this process has been so messed up.

I am sorry if I have bored you with my ranting. I just needed to blow of some steam.

saras
Why did your wife get an RFE on her AP and why she gets the RFE on her I-485 now?

RFEs

compiler,

The first RFE stated that a few pages were missing in her AP application. We just had to sign and turn that in. I have not received the latest RFE. Who knows what it is? There is no logic at TSC my friend. The only thing I can think of is that we are a young couple with no kids so they are not convinced or something. Anyway I am not worried about the RFE, just annoyed at another delay.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the first RFE is regarding your wife’s AP, it won’t hurt your I-485. The AP has 3 pages plus your explanation. No comments on your second RFE because you have not got it.

comfort you. We, as a group who are going through the same process with you, totally understand your suffering and totally support you and stand behind you. If I were an officer at CIS, I will approve your case 3000 times, and send you 3000 approval notice and 3000x4 approval email.

Get the cake and party ready for your GC...

Saras76,

We totally understand what you feel and sincerely wish you would get your I-485 approved soon. The nightmare will be gone. Bless!

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This nightmare is about to end. I should be greatful rather than angry.

saras

dont worry youare not the only one. my I140 and I485 has been approved. Recd RFE for I485 for my spouse and 2 kids.
RFE for I485 is asking for a current job letter which shows the interest of the company to hire me permanently. Its funny as I am the primary candidate and my I485 is approved and an RFE for my spouse and kids?????Doesnt make sense.

gccan

I-485 Rfe

My lawyer called me today to inform about my RFE.They have asked for proof of continued employment and my salary.They want to make sure Iam getting the same salary mentioned in LC and just as gccan mentioned,they want to know my company's interest in employing me in future.Neither have I changed jobs nor there is any problem in my salary.So Iam not concerned about this RFE.I will post further developments as it comes.

JagadishP said:
My lawyer called me today to inform about my RFE.They have asked for proof of continued employment and my salary.They want to make sure Iam getting the same salary mentioned in LC and just as gccan mentioned,they want to know my company's interest in employing me in future.Neither have I changed jobs nor there is any problem in my salary.So Iam not concerned about this RFE.I will post further developments as it comes.
Did you provide an employment confirmation letter and was paid the prevailing wage at the time of filing I-140/I-485?