• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Have any posters here been selected after joining the forum?

Qewty

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone

I was just sitting here procrastinating instead of finishing a paper and I was wondering, how many of the "forum family" have actually been selected whilst being a member of the forum? Right now, I cannot think of one.

I know many folks find the forum AFTER being selected, or after starting other processes such as AOS etc. I can't recall knowing anyone on here (who had been trying for a while and posting on the forum for a while) who find that they had been selected.

After a few years now I am finding it common for most people to find the forum AFTER selection (and soooo many are first time applicants lol).

Just musings in my head.

Ok, back to my paper!

Warm wishes all

Q

Yes it counts! Lurking here counts!

Thank you SusieQQQ :)

Perhaps all I needed to hear was that at least one of us was to keep my optimism going :)

Ok..back to my paper!

Q

I was joined up before I was selected! I wanted help regarding an H1 application I was making - never got an answer though - the other subforums aren't as useful as this one!

I joined back in 2008, specifically for the DV forum. I had been applying since the first online draw in 2005 and then every year since so I was interested in understanding the process in case I won. I reckoned we had to win eventually. And I was right. Twice: first was hubby in the 2012 disaster, then me the following year. So keep the faith :)

I joined back in 2008, specifically for the DV forum. I had been applying since the first online draw in 2005 and then every year since so I was interested in understanding the process in case I won. I reckoned we had to win eventually. And I was right. Twice: first was hubby in the 2012 disaster, then me the following year. So keep the faith :)

Wow. I'm really glad that it worked out for you eventually. Otherwise, it would have been very difficult to deal with that experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have participated in the DV program since the late 1990s.

I have been living in the US since 2006. I joined this forum in 2008 (under a different user ID, which I couldn't remember the password for) to research for my employment based petition. Anything that could go wrong in my employment based application DID!

I never counted on DV though. Every year after May 1st I would be cranky for a few days why this didn't happen to me, especially after all the problems with my employment based petition. After wasting years on that front I was eventually selected for DV-14. :) I will not believe in anything until I hold the green thingy in my hands.

Did u and ur hubby win the dv twice ? Waw!

Wow. I'm really glad that it worked out for you eventually. Otherwise, it would have been very difficult to deal with that experience.

Thanks, and I'm glad it's working out for you too. That whole employment visa process sounds like a nightmare - several of my friends have gone through that and it was a lengthy, stressful and expensive experience. The DV is such a gift for people like you.

It was absolutely crushing when that DV2012 draw was disqualified. We didn't dwell on it though or see any point in that lawsuit. We moved on.

Did u and ur hubby win the dv twice ? Waw!

Yes, he got selected in that awful 2012 mess and then I got selected the following year - believe me when I tell you it was a complete surprise. Of course, we're all hopeful every May 1st but with one of our entries being selected the previous year, we thought our chances would be even less than usual.

I never been on this forum before the selection, the reason why I was always on official web site .gov was to scared to be fooled and get to the wrong scam website and mess around with my apllication lol
Now I'm happy that I'm here :) its gonna be a long trip to the GC for me I'm glad to find people to guide me over there simon reavsky som1mom sussieq gabam.....and all the other activ memebers ;-)
I deeply wish u all the best with dv15

Thanks everyone for posting, I never knew so many had been on the forum before winning! :)

I don't lose faith really, because none of it is in my control except my application :) One of my hubby's favourite sayings is "patience and persistence". So many of you all have that in abundance! :D

I was having one of those "I wonder" moments I think.

Take care all

Q