Has Valid H1 Visa and Need to work in Canada (Work permit)

kiran_tib

HI ,

I have Valid H1-B VISA (sep 2008) thru company XXX Inc and living in TN (Memphis). Currently, i need to move to Canada(Toronto) for 6 to 8 month duration on my project work. In this regards, I would like to know there are any problem's created for my Green Card processing in future.

Note: My Company XXX would be paying me during my stay in Canada.

During my stay in Canada will my H1-B status is still valid.

Please advise to weather to apply Canada VISA (work permit).

Regards,
Kiran.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Valid H1-B VISA (sep 2008) thru company XXX Inc and living in TN (Memphis). Currently, i need to move to Canada(Toronto) for 6 to 8 month duration on my project work. In this regards, I would like to know there are any problem's created for my Green Card processing in future.

--- It depends on what stage you are in, for your GC processing. If you have not yet filed for the AOS or do not intend to file for it in next one year, you are fine.

During my stay in Canada will my H1-B status is still valid.

--- Yes, it will be valid till the date shown on your visa.

I didn't mean to steal your thread, but I've a questions along the same lines. I've a valid H1-B. Can I travel to Canada every week (or atleast thrice a month) for work? My company pays the salary here in US and I live in US. Is there going to be any problem?

Thanks,
VR

I didn't mean to steal your thread, but I've a questions along the same lines. I've a valid H1-B. Can I travel to Canada every week (or atleast thrice a month) for work? My company pays the salary here in US and I live in US. Is there going to be any problem?

Thanks,
VR

You can do that provided you have a valid appropriate visa for Canada.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, bigboy. Yes, my company got me a Canadian Work permit and visa. So I guess it is going to be okay, except for the fact that I got to go thru the immigrations checking every week.

Thanks,
VR

Once you get your Canadian work permit, Canada Customs will be the first people you meet. When you enter Canada, Customs is met first and they decide whether someone needs to go through immigration or not.

Ghori-
That is correct. Along with that I got to go thru US customs and immigration every week when returning back to US. I got to wait and see how it works out in long term :). Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,
VR