Has someone gotten married after submitting N-400 but before interview?

equus_girl

Registered Users (C)
I have submitted N-400 in January and just was told about my interview in July. I filled out N-400 as a single person, which I still am. However, my fiancee and I were planning to get married in the end of June, which would require a whole lot of changes being made on my N-400. Plus, my future hubby to be is currently not in a legal status and I am afraid it might raise some red flags during interview and delay the process.
So, we are thinking about doing church wedding on the planned date but get officially married in the city hall after I take an oath. Or should we keep to the original plans?
What do you all think? Any experience doing it this way or another?

I have submitted N-400 in January and just was told about my interview in July. I filled out N-400 as a single person, which I still am. However, my fiancee and I were planning to get married in the end of June, which would require a whole lot of changes being made on my N-400. Plus, my future hubby to be is currently not in a legal status and I am afraid it might raise some red flags during interview and delay the process.
So, we are thinking about doing church wedding on the planned date but get officially married in the city hall after I take an oath. Or should we keep to the original plans?

I would not let USCIS dicate how to live your personal life.

Delay your wedding to avoid complications. That's what I would do. You seem to be pretty close to being a citizen. Look at it from the bright side, it will give you a few more months to figure out if that man is Mr. Right ;)

I'd try to delay it as marrying someone out of status may cause issues on your application.