has someone called iio just before 4PM?

Tom B

Registered Users (C)
I got it through the line at around 3:35 or so

...much after 4PM still in queue. they close at 4, will they ever pick up?

Called at 2:00 EST today

Called from my cell phone not expecting to get connected . Got connected after a few tries . Held for 10 minutes .
IIO confirmed EAD cards had been sent out today RD 9/25/02

IIO confirmed there was absolutely no movement/change on my 485 case . No further details.
RD 9/28

well i don't mind holding. my problem is not the wait.

INS has given the time till 4PM (not 5) and if you get in the queue before 4 and get a iio before 4 it is ok. but what happens if no one has picked up by 4?

i got in a around 3:35 and it has been an hour. in the beginning they said it is going to take 10 minutes. and from previous experience when the automated system says 10 minutes, it can be 15 or 20 but never an HOUR.

because of the time equation, i am losing hope that they will ever pick up.

it keeps saying 'all customer service representatives are still busy... blah'

'all customer service representatives are still busy helping... blah'

it has been an hour and a half.

i am hanging up.

lesson learned:

if you get in before 4 and are still on hold until a few minutes after 4, chances are they are not going to pick up the phone.

this is a very poorly designed system.

if they do not have to pick up, they should detect the 4PM time and change the message from hold greeting to main menu or something...

Re: Called at 2:00 EST today

Originally posted by sai359
Called from my cell phone not expecting to get connected . Got connected after a few tries . Held for 10 minutes .
IIO confirmed EAD cards had been sent out today RD 9/25/02

IIO confirmed there was absolutely no movement/change on my 485 case . No further details.
RD 9/28

sai359, good to know about your ead. and the response to your 485 is quite unsatisfactory. ...oh well.

and the wait continues.

Bobby,

Call in the morning. In my total 5-6 calls, I haven't ever waited more than 15-20 minutes before I got the line.

yes dma, may be next time. the only issue is that morning goes pretty fast with meetings or something or the other.

(actually i am still on hold - for about 1hr 40min... )