Has anyone's I485 been approved with FPs are just over 15 months old?

PainCard

Registered Users (C)
I will be current on June 1st but by that time my FPs will be close to 16 months old.

Do I have a chance or I need to wait for another FP notices?

Thanks

What I have seen in past --

Biometrics plays no part in 485 approval .. Some people got the 485 without the biometrics done.

But to issue you with a physical card .. they will call you for biometrics. I would not worry much about it.

Correct

What I have seen in past --

Biometrics plays no part in 485 approval .. Some people got the 485 without the biometrics done.

But to issue you with a physical card .. they will call you for biometrics. I would not worry much about it.

Nadi,

You are absolutely right. There is no set pattern for FP notices. Some people get FP notices as soon as the old ones expire while others get approved and then have to get new ones done if their last ones had expired.

cheers,

saras

Saras76

One thing I don't understand is that how can they approve the case if your old FPs have expired?

As you are mentioning that some people get approved and then they have to get new ones done if the last ones had expired.

Nadi,

You are absolutely right. There is no set pattern for FP notices. Some people get FP notices as soon as the old ones expire while others get approved and then have to get new ones done if their last ones had expired.

cheers,

saras

Not sure ..

One thing I don't understand is that how can they approve the case if your old FPs have expired?

As you are mentioning that some people get approved and then they have to get new ones done if the last ones had expired.

PainCard,

I am not sure how or why they do that but I personally know 3-4 people who got approved and received Bio notices along with the approval. The physical GC was not mailed out till they completed the Bio appointment. Do note that this was 2 years ago when this was happening. They might have changed things now. Either way, expired FPs are the last thing we need to worry about. Security checks, Namechecks and RFEs are of more concern to me.

cheers,

saras

Saras or any other Vetran :)-

My 485 is pending since May 1st 2005 with a pd of May 11,2001. After applying my 485 I did got the FP notice and gave the FP's accordingly. After couple of months I made enquiry to check whether or not my name check is done. Fortunately USCIS sent me a letter stating that your name check, background check is done. We will look into the case further once the visa dates becomes current(Pass my PD date).

Question : I got my second set of FP done on May 9th,2007 and not seen any LUD. Do they again check Name, Background etc with the second set of FP ?.

Thanks in Advance.

You have pretty good chances to expect the approval soon.
FP expires in 15 months. Rest of the things are fine like name check etc.

Sree

Saras or any other Vetran :)-

My 485 is pending since May 1st 2005 with a pd of May 11,2001. After applying my 485 I did got the FP notice and gave the FP's accordingly. After couple of months I made enquiry to check whether or not my name check is done. Fortunately USCIS sent me a letter stating that your name check, background check is done. We will look into the case further once the visa dates becomes current(Pass my PD date).

Question : I got my second set of FP done on May 9th,2007 and not seen any LUD. Do they again check Name, Background etc with the second set of FP ?.

Thanks in Advance.

It used to happen 2 years back when the PD were current. After introduced Code 3 some time in February/March 2005 the chances became less to be approved once the FP Expired(i.e. beyond 15 months old). Prior to 2005 after the approval of I-485 they have to go for stamping on the passport and give the Code 2/3(Biometrics) in the local INS(USCIS) office. At one pint of time people use to get the actual CARD after 1 year of I-485 approval. But now the proceedure is changed; the same day I-485 approved, they are posting the Actual card. I think some one should have valid FPs to get the approval, as important as Name check or any other check.

Sree

PainCard,

I am not sure how or why they do that but I personally know 3-4 people who got approved and received Bio notices along with the approval. The physical GC was not mailed out till they completed the Bio appointment. Do note that this was 2 years ago when this was happening. They might have changed things now. Either way, expired FPs are the last thing we need to worry about. Security checks, Namechecks and RFEs are of more concern to me.

cheers,

saras