Has anyone tried applying for EAD in Charlotte, NC?

NAND01

Registered Users (C)
Hello

Has anyone got EAD approved in CHarlotte? Was this a walk-in?
Appreciate a response. My EAD is expiring on Jan 26th and I have still not received my renewal and it will NOT be 90 days by then.

Thanks

yes I did

I sent my application to charlotte in september and in 1 month I went in person for the EAD picture and I got it in like 2 hours, it was very easy and no problems.
RD: may 29 2001
ND: August 20 2001
No FP yet
what are ur details?

Question on EAD in Charlotte?

Do you know if they accept applications in person? Did you get an appointment date? How friendly were they?

Thanks

Re

I am not sure about the application in person, but i personally do not think it is a problem.
yes i got an appointment after 1 month of sending it.
They were very friendly.
good luck

EAD in INS Charlotte

Do you know if INS Charlotte issues interim EAD? You are talking about applying new EAD, right?
How early did you go there on that day?

ND: 01/2001
No FP
2nd EAD RD: 10/2001

Update?

NAND01,

Have you been there to get your interim EAD yet? Please share your experience. Thanks.
Seems we have very close 485 RD/ND. Have you got your FP done? I\'m still waiting for my FP notice.

ND: 01/2001
No FP

Interim EAD at Charlotte.

One of my friend has gone to Charlotte after 3 monthe of receipt of EAD for his wife. He got it the same day without any problem. They daont issue regular EADs the same day but take the applications and may process in 90 days

Interim EAD

Thanks! It\'s good to hear at least one person has got it from INS Charlotte.

Did your friend make appointment before he went there? How long did s/he wait? The reason I\'m asking about this is that it\'ll take us several hours to get there.

Thank you.

485 ND 01/2001
No FP yet
2nd EAD RD 10/2001

EAD in Charlotte

Here\'s my experience:

a) Went with EAD notice for interim EAD before 90 days. Was turned back saying they accept requests only after 90 days.

b) Went second time to apply for a new EAD ( with an existing EAD pending - BTW, is that legal?) Turned down again. They asked me to file it by mail.

Best time to be there: between 7:00 am and 7:30 am. Even though the crowd subsides after 7:30 am there is no guarantee that they will let you in after that, since they get quite a folks that they need to cater to.

The second time I went, they closed it temporarily due to heavy requests.

FYI

EAD in Charlotte

Did you mail your application for a new EAD or get an interim?

When you\'re there the first time, did they tell you the 90 days starts from RD or ND?

Thanks a lot for posting your experience. It\'s very helpful.

w8t4evr

485 ND: 01/2001
No FP yet