Has anyone travelled after FP and before Interview

HaraKad

Registered Users (C)
I have an upcoming overseas trip. So is it safe to travel overseas before the interview (my FP is done) and i am still waiting for the interview to be scheduled. The trip will be for about 2 weeks.

Please share your thoughts/experience.

Thanks in advance.

I have an upcoming overseas trip. So is it safe to travel overseas before the interview (my FP is done) and i am still waiting for the interview to be scheduled. The trip will be for about 2 weeks.

Safe in what way?

If you are worried about denial, unless you are barely meeting residency criteria, it is not an issue.
If you are worried about missing mail, you should get more than a 2 week notice for interview. That again should not be an issue. If someone can check the mail in your absence, even better. If the interview is scheduled before you return, you can either decide to return early OR write them a note to re-schedule.

As I mentioned before ... the only time it will cause scrutiny is if you have been away from US for too long ... in general.

A 2-week trip is not a problem, just tell the interviewer so they can update your travel history on the N-400.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traveled overseas 2 times for short work trips since the time I mailed my N-400 to the time I took the interview. On the second trip I came back the day before the interview. No problems whatsoever.