• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Has anyone received the Notification Letter for DV 2008 in JULY?

Tigerman

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I've been following several different international and local boards on DV and have not heard anyone from any region receiving the NL for DV 2008 since early June. The official website and many other experienced people involved in this lottery say that you may receive the NL until the end of July, but isn't it interesting that no one has got the big white envelope in their mailbox for more than a month now. Do you think that it is all over and Kentucky has stopped sending out the letters or is there any hope left?

Those who have received the notification letter lately please do kindly post here so we can actually say that the letters are still coming in. Thank you.

For those who have won this year, I wish them the best of luck and for the others, hope you are one of the winners of DV 2009.

By the way I'm from Turkey.

Take care..
Tigerman

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Lottery is over since end of June. I have not read anything about NLs later. Maybe they send aus some more, depends on who many the got back to Kentucky.

One of the things that worries to me more is that they have not published yet the official results of winners by countries of DV-2008 and the previous year they did the 18 of July, according to usual schedule they follow previous years they publish the Instructions for DV 3rd tuesday of September and the results 3rd tuesday of July and this year they have not fulfill it.
I am very worried because this will be with certainty the last chance for millions of people around the world to get a green card.
I hate when I see I'm right in some bad thinkings that I told about it recently like the curious question Country where you live today in the application, because in my region (South America, Central America and Caribbean) only people who were living in United States have received notification letter. I pray to God that I'm wrong but it is very weard this particular circumstance.

I hate when I see I'm right in some bad thinkings that I told about it recently like the curious question Country where you live today in the application, because in my region (South America, Central America and Caribbean) only people who were living in United States have received notification letter. I pray to God that I'm wrong but it is very weard this particular circumstance.

I don't know where you got your information but it is incorrect. I live in the SA region and we got our NL in our home country.

You may look for information on that matter and you will see what I say is true, perhaps your case is an exception, but don't you think is very very very strange and weard that today July 20th just a few people have received the notification letter. By the way, which was your answer to the question Country where you live today at the moment when you sent the application.

I don't think it is strange, from what I have been reading it seems that quite a lot of people have received NL's already, hence the reason we have not been hearing of any new letters being received. For instance in the AF region I have seen persons receiving NL's with numbers in the fifty and sixty thousand.

For "Country where you live today", I entered my home county because this is where I am.

I am not disregarding your theory because I simply do not have the stats to analyze it. I have only met one other Caribbean person on this forum so I can't say where other winners would have received their NL's.

Not yet..
Dear,
My case number is 2008EU000005..I have got an affidavit of support on june 28, 2008 (for dv 2008), Do you know the end date of the affidavit off the support?

I'v got also a job offer paper notoced by notar (approved by authority- Notar)

Do I need to have cash or banc account?
Thanks for respond

I believe nallbani88's post has nothing got to do with this thread and my enquiry.

I think we have to call it off for this years lottery as no one has posted any message saying that they got the notification letter in July. May be as Tazmania quotes their may be a few others receiving depending on the return KCC has on the initial sending of letters or they may be a few others left that got stuck in the post.

I once again wish the best of luck to everyone who persuades the dream of winning the Green Card.

notification letter for DV 2008

Hello everyone:

Is there anyone out there that received notification letters of approval? I have been applying for 3 years now. I dont know how it really works. Do they stop sending letters at a certain date. Or is there hope still.