has anyone just moved to Iowa and transferred I130/I485?

pattys24

If you have similar experience, please share with me. I am about moving to Iowa, and my I130.I485 are still pending. I wonder how long will it take INS to transfer files to Iowa's local office, or will those files be transferred to Nebraska's service center?

How long will the file transferring process take and what is the actual number of months will it take to get I485 approved in Iowa? Anyone experience this before?

Thank you.

Originally posted by pattys24
If you have similar experience, please share with me. I am about moving to Iowa, and my I130.I485 are still pending. I wonder how long will it take INS to transfer files to Iowa's local office, or will those files be transferred to Nebraska's service center?

How long will the file transferring process take and what is the actual number of months will it take to get I485 approved in Iowa? Anyone experience this before?

Thank you.

I don't know about transfer cases, but I'm living in Iowa and have been waiting for my case to come up for interview.

I filed I-130/I-485 in August of 2001 and have finally gotten my interview letter for April 11 (eeek that's next week :p ) Was fingerprinted in September 2002, so for a native filer in Iowa it has been 19 - 20 months of waiting.

I don't know which office you're anticipating to deal with, but my EAD's has been through the Application Support Center in Des Moines and the interview is going to be in Omaha, NE.

I know it's not exactly an answer to your question, but hopefully it'll give you an idea about waiting times.

Sara

Hi, Sarah and Patty,

Follow your question and answer, could you please tell me one details. I assume you filed 130 & 485 based on citizen spouse. If that is the case, did you also file 693 (medical exam report) along with 130&485?

I need to file my wife's 130+485. However, i am not sure if she needs medical now. I heard Medical will expire in 12 months. I donot want to waste time and money. I am at Texas.

Thanks

Originally posted by emc1234
Hi, Sarah and Patty,

Follow your question and answer, could you please tell me one details. I assume you filed 130 & 485 based on citizen spouse. If that is the case, did you also file 693 (medical exam report) along with 130&485?

I need to file my wife's 130+485. However, i am not sure if she needs medical now. I heard Medical will expire in 12 months. I donot want to waste time and money. I am at Texas.

Thanks

Yes you're right it is based on citizen spouse :)

No I did not have the medical at the time of filing. When I got the interview letter there was a list of doctors and I then had to call around to find out who was actually still active. There were a couple who had been retired for years and BCIS/INS hadn't gotten around to getting them off the list yet. I paid somewhere between $200 and $300 for the medical including the shots I had to have. I had the medical two weeks ago on a Wednesday and it was finalized on a Friday. This is because of the TB skin test, which takes that long to either show a negative or positive and the AIDS test which takes roughly 48 hours to do too.