Has anyone got your EAD with a validity period of more than one year?

pharma_1800

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied my I-485 and first EAD card couple of months back and received my EAD card recently.

Recently, I read an article saying that USCIS started to issue EADs with a validity period of more than one year (for e.g. Two years) depending on their I-485 status and how long would it take to come to approval stage.

I was expecting my EAD card will be valid for 2 years. But it is valid for only one year.

Anybody knows why I got it for only one year?

I appreciate your comments.

pharma_1800 said:
Hi,

I applied my I-485 and first EAD card couple of months back and received my EAD card recently.

Recently, I read an article saying that USCIS started to issue EADs with a validity period of more than one year (for e.g. Two years) depending on their I-485 status and how long would it take to come to approval stage.

I was expecting my EAD card will be valid for 2 years. But it is valid for only one year.

Anybody knows why I got it for only one year?

I appreciate your comments.
From what i saw on forum postings, the >1yr EAD is only for non-EB 485s.

None of the EB 485s that I've seen have gotten EAD with >1yr validity.

max2k1,

Thanks for your comments. I thought it applies to EB based I-485s too.

Here is the link from murthy.com

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_extead.html

I think since I didn't get my FP done yet, USCIS issued my EAD for only one year. Looks like background check plays a role to give EAD for more than a year.

I got EAD for 1 year only

Just got 2nd EAD this month, only for 1 year, but starting from December, which is the expiration date of last EAD. I guess BCIS just believe they will approved my case within one year for sure, at the current pace.