Has anyone got RFE on birth certificate related issue? Please help

abjadh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am from India and dont have a birth certificate ( as it was not reqd to register the birth prior to 1970). I have submitted two affidavits from my parents and school records. Will this be enough? Or has anyone got any RFE on similar case. Any input will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't seen any birth certificate related RFEs lately. Your case seems to be normal. I wouldn't worry about that.

However, people have got RFEs when BC is in local language etc (or similar issues)

SAME CASE AS MINE ...

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE NY INDIAN EMBASSY STATING THAT

"BIRTHS PRIOR TO 1969 WAS NOT REQUIRED TO BE REGISTERED IN INDIA, HENCE BIRTH CERTIFICATES IN SUCH CASES ARE NOT AVAILABLE"

MAYBE INS WILL ACCEPT THIS AS PROOF OF BC NON-AVAILABILITY. I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.

I HAVE ALSO SUBMITTED 2 AFFIDAVITS.
=============================================
FOR SELF AND SPOUSE (140 FOR CP, VSC)
PD 02/20/01 (EB3 INDIA)
RD 12/07/01
ND 12/17/01 (RECD 12/26/01)
AP 01/17/02 (RECD 01/24/02)
EAD 02/21/02 (RECD 02/26/02)
AVM 01/21/02 "FP NOTICE MAILED ...."
FP GIVEN (ELECTRONIC) 02/26/02 (ALBANY, NY)
AVM 03/01/02 "FP RESULTS RECD .... PROCESSING RESUMED ...."

I dont have birth certificate either, instead I submitted 2 affidavits. I did not submit non-availability certificate or school certificate. Recently VSC issued RFE for my employment, but not for birth certificate. So, I guess you are ok.

Agree with fizk.

State Dept has designated few countries where it is assumed that some folks might not have DOB certificate. India is one of the countries in that list.

But INS does expect two affidavits from your parents who witnessed the birth as a proof of birth (assuming they would know the Date of birth).

Few of my friends’ submitted affidavit from their parents for their BC (all are born prior to 1970). None of them got RFE for that,
and got their approval notice. Except one guy who got RFE (for W2’s and pay stubs) and finally his case has been transferred to local INS center. Hope this may help.