Has Anyone got Approved 7th year extension

No Title

Vaalu, from your past posts it looks like that your sole purpose is to scare and/or discourage people. Why r u doing this ?

No Title

One of my friends was approved from NSC in early January. He had asked for 7th year extension some time in December. Couple of other people (don\'t know them personally) who applied then have also been approved.

However, I know another friend who applied in February, and is still pending. I think he has received a Receipt notice. His attorney said that NSC is now decided to hold these cases until regulations are formed.

No Title

Hari Kumar,
In such situation (as in your posting, 2nd paragraph) is RD (Receipt Date) do any good in case the H1-B expires. Seems like you are near to those people (H1-B extension applicants), would you please post this information.

If H1-B is not extended before the expiry date, RD is any good? Thanks a lot.

No Title

Here is my sitiuation CIBA and others - call for urgent help. Case time line
Applied at CSC Dec. 22nd 2000 for the 7th yr extension.
H1B expired Jan 5th 2001.
RFE received for extension in Feb and replied, end Feb with a receipt date of March 19th.
April 27th notice sent of rejection of 7th year H1 extension by INS.
The same was received today.
Mentions only that 6year limit expired therefore rejected.
I have a PD of Nov 1997, I-140 file date of July 9th 1999 and was pending at the time of filing the H1B extension. The I-140 was approved Feb8th 2001 and I-485 is ready for filing.

Guru\'s please help and let me know of a lawyer who has got this extension done from CSC and/or what is the procedure to obtain this extension? so that I can talk intelligently to the lawyer if at all an appeal is possible.

Regards

No Title

You can file for 485 under 245(i) with a $1000.00 Fine and everything will be taken care of.

No Title

when I addressed my concerns abt 6th year limit, my attorney wrote "You will be able to extend your H-1 indefinitely under the new law"..could you pls provide more info as to why your H1 7th yr extension was rejected.

No Title

I was told by my lawyer today that NSC is holding all 7th year extensions until new regulations are finalized. I filed for my 7th year extension on Dec 16th, RD Dec 28th.
It was also mentioned that I will be considered in status until decision on the extension is made and Receipt Notice seems very valuable in that case.
Also when I asked about time frame for new regulations to come in...All I got was it can not be predicted. Sometimes months...Sometimes years ! Regulations for 1998 laws have not come in by now.

Does anyone has any information about time frame when INS will be publishing new regulations to process 7th year H-1 extension cases ?

GS