Has anyone found out what is this new FREEZE is all about?

It seems to be a online/avm system problem since around 3/20. Today I received a I539 receipt in mail with a rd 3/20 and a nd 3/21 (LIN-03-134-5xxxx). But I can't find it on the online case status system. Out of curiosity I tried a couple of numbers in this series, and none of those numbers exist on the system.

While typing in the above referred lin#, I first made a typo - I typed LIN-03-131-xxxxx which corresponds to a ND of 3/18. That number exists. Putting several things together (my missing LIN#, no major approvals on rupnet since end last week, and a posting on this forum where a person got an approval notice in mail with ad 3/20, but no online case status update) I think it some kinda system problem. It seems to be reading data of an earlier database backup.

Yeah one more new problem, like we and NSC dont already have enough of them.

cmr

frodo,

If this is a system issue, why at all it should happen from 21st March, after a day into the war.

grcd2001

Your guess would be good as mine!

P.S. Hope they were'nt outsouring their IT operations to Iraq :D

My guess would be they are going through

this pockets of pause and release. Now we are experiencing pause again for no good reason.

I called BCIS today. And i asked IIO about the recent freeze. She said, does not aware of anything like that. I am eagerly waiting to see some approvals in Rupnet.

a possible clue about the freeze...

this newsflash was posted on carl shusterman's website:

New Immigration Procedures To Be Revealed By Government Officials

March 26, 2003

"Today, we are flying to Washington DC to meet with various members of Congress regarding immigration issues.

On March 28, we will be attending a seminar in which newly-appointed officials of the Department of Homeland Security will speak about their plans for reforming the immigration system. Labor Department officials will give the latest information on the PERM program. Representatives from the State Department will discuss Embassy closures, and what persons must do to obtain visas when their Embassies are closed.

We will be updating you on all of these issues and more during the next two days."

well, looks like the DHS has been hard at work at slowing things down! so whatever these "new procedures" are, until they are implemented, we might see another freeze. only progress we've seen lately might be just those cases which already had been touched before they thought, hey, why don't we think up of new ways to screw these f**king immigrants?

I am not sure you are the same person

who worked for a credit card side. in IT area. May be not. But, do you know a guy named Masud, kind of a funny Bangladeshi, threw parties all the time?

gheewalabhai888

I know couple Masud in Minneapolis area. But not sure about the particular one. And i lso work for IT. Are you from Minneapolis?