Has anyone done this?

amishah

Registered Users (C)
I am going to be a Citizen at the end of this month. I have filed I-130 as a GC holder for my H1-B holder husband. After becomeing a citizen I am going to file I-485 for him. I am thinking of taking following route for the procedure. This is what a nice person here had suggested me to do.

This option is fast only if you have all your paperwork and documents in place for I-485 and the others (EAD and/or AP) you wish to include. You may mail the following along with your I-485 (AOS with EAD or AP if applicable):
* the I-797 (NOA and proof of payment for I-130) of your pending I-130;
* copy of your submitted I-130;
* copy of sponsor's naturalization certificate;

My question is has anyone orknows anyone that has done this??
Please input your thoughts on this.
Thanks,

I was in a close to similar situation. Only difference was that I-130 was approved. so, I sent a copy of the approval document. that worked.

I think it will work what you are thinking.

I sent my I-103 back in Aug2003, untill Oct2004 when my spouse become US-citizen my status for I-130 remained unchanged. On Oct27th 2004, I filed I-485,I-765,G-325(for both) I-864, I864-A(since my spouse income is below poverty level) along with a copy of I-130 acknowledgment reciept.
On Nov 3 2004 Recieved acknowledgment along with FP.FP done on Nov 6, 2004......
EAD Approved Jan18, 2005 Rcvd Feb22 2005

Dec 7 2004 got an e-mail from USCIS stating that I-130 is approved and they sent a letter on my previous address( since i was too lazy to change the address) I never got the approved confirmation decision in my hand.

You made my day. :) So I think I can do what I am thinking to do. I don't have to wait till they upgrade my status. This will save my time. I won (again) :cool: against my husband. :D

amishah said:
I am going to be a Citizen at the end of this month. I have filed I-130 as a GC holder for my H1-B holder husband. After becomeing a citizen I am going to file I-485 for him. I am thinking of taking following route for the procedure. This is what a nice person here had suggested me to do.

This option is fast only if you have all your paperwork and documents in place for I-485 and the others (EAD and/or AP) you wish to include. You may mail the following along with your I-485 (AOS with EAD or AP if applicable):
* the I-797 (NOA and proof of payment for I-130) of your pending I-130;
* copy of your submitted I-130;
* copy of sponsor's naturalization certificate;

My question is has anyone orknows anyone that has done this??
Please input your thoughts on this.
Thanks,

Amishah:

This looks like part of my suggsetions which I posted last year the following thread:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=89831&page=12&pp=15

This option was suggested to me by an INS officer after the oath ceremmony.

Good luck.

kenmw

Thats correct. It is suggested by you and I have saved it in my file. I just wanted to see if somebody has really done it because my husband is getting very paranoid. So I wanted some examples to show him.
Thanks for your help.

I applied for an AP(Emergency basis) on Jan5 ,2005 and got an approval same day. Sorry I miscalculated the actual days for EAD (Apprvd Jan 18, 2005---Rcvd Jan25, 2005) it was sitting in may mail for more than a month as I was out of country for more than a month.

Now my concern is Do I really need that I-130 approval letter in my possesion as INS has denied to issue another one without I-824 which is "Application for Action on Approved cases" which cost $195.00 , believe me I m not even interested in that as far as I know I m just one step away from GC interview , Do i really need to worry about that?

Any suggestion please...

I would say it is better to have it in your possasion. I am sure you won't need it for your GC but just in case if you need it in future.
Anybody elese? any suggestions?

Can anyone give a timeline of how long it takes just for the I130 alone to be approved thru the Newark DO?

chavez630 said:
Can anyone give a timeline of how long it takes just for the I130 alone to be approved thru the Newark DO?
It depends on who (USC or LPR) applying for whom.