Has anyone attended interview without state ID (driver license)

There are NO other options. I have a definitive answer for this one. I passed my interview in Phoenix today and while I was waiting to be called, a woman came in and said, "My Mother is outside for her interview but she has no photo ID and they will not let her in."

I was then called in for my interview so I do not know the outcome. I am guessing it was not good.

The DMV I went today said it need to take 6 to 8 weeks to received the new license. I have a temp driving permit now. This is so scary. Isn't GC and passport can be photo ID too? How come the security don't let people get in?

The DMV I went today said it need to take 6 to 8 weeks to received the new license. I have a temp driving permit now. This is so scary. Isn't GC and passport can be photo ID too? How come the security don't let people get in?

Does your temp ID have your photo on it? If yes, then you can take it to the DO.

Hi ILA,

This is just a guess, but I suspect they like to see a DL as it has your address on it. If you have your LPR card for photo and the temp permit shows your address, you may be OK. Yesterday the IO only asked for my LPR and DL.

Hi ILA,

This is just a guess, but I suspect they like to see a DL as it has your address on it. If you have your LPR card for photo and the temp permit shows your address, you may be OK. Yesterday the IO only asked for my LPR and DL.

Yes, this is the case. This was discussed most recently at the USCIS stakeholder meeting. Check out the Community Relations link on the USCIS web site (it is under the "About USCIS" tab).

Hi ILA,

I just found my license this morning in my garage floor. :mad:
Than I went to MVD to ask them if I can recall the request. The officer say they can't and they say the license is not vaild. They cut the upper part of my license alittle bit. I can still see the picture and all the infomation on it. I don't know if that can still count as Photo ID?? I don't know is vaild or not.
I think I can show it to the immigration security the DL and the permit; I hope they will let me in. :(
May I know what is LPR?

I just found my license this morning in my garage floor. :mad:
Than I went to MVD to ask them if I can recall the request. The officer say they can't and they say the license is not vaild. They cut the upper part of my license alittle bit. I can still see the picture and all the infomation on it. I don't know if that can still count as Photo ID?? I don't know is vaild or not.
I think I can show it to the immigration security the DL and the permit; I hope they will let me in. :(
May I know what is LPR?

LPR - lawful permanent residence (green card).
I think you are unneccessarily worrying. They will accept your ID. You didn't even have to goto DMV to cancel the card. You should have just taken it to the interview.

LPR - lawful permanent residence (green card).
I think you are unneccessarily worrying. They will accept your ID. You didn't even have to goto DMV to cancel the card. You should have just taken it to the interview.

Thanks for the reply. I am just worried when I saw "WHICHWAY2Go"'s post. People being block by security. I hope there is nothing happen before IL.

Thanks for the reply. I am just worried when I saw "WHICHWAY2Go"'s post. People being block by security. I hope there is nothing happen before IL.

Yeah, I understand.

Anyway you have the driver's license with you, you still have 4 weeks before your interview (and ID should arrive in 2 weeks usually), so overall you are safe.

Yeah, I understand.

Anyway you have the driver's license with you, you still have 4 weeks before your interview (and ID should arrive in 2 weeks usually), so overall you are safe.

The officer told me it takes "at least" 6weeks and above die to high volume.
My DL being cut alittle on top; hope everything is alright.

While we are discussing DL topic, I want to ask a question. I moved to NJ in Jan but I did not changed my DL until May ( just before applying N400). Does it matter.

While we are discussing DL topic, I want to ask a question. I moved to NJ in Jan but I did not changed my DL until May ( just before applying N400). Does it matter.

I think by the time of interview, you should have been living in NJ at least for 3 months. Refer to the N-400 instructions for confirmation.

All that you need to do to prove residency in NJ is to show a lease showing when you assume residency there. It should show when it was signed, preferably Dec/Jan/Feb and no later than March or you were ineligible to apply based on 3 month residency requirements. Moreover, safeguard all your utility bills from Jan 09 till you apply. However, the needle might be why you didn't change your drivers license till May 09, but it won't cause too many fireworks as long as you can prove that you were a resident in NJ as of January.:cool:

We have applied for duplicate ID on tuesday and the ID arrived today. It took only 3 days. Cool....:)