$$$$$$$$ Has anybody applied for PCC in Washington DC Consulate with passport issued from India $$$

News Release about PCC in The Hindu newspaper

Hi Guys,

There is a news release in The Hindu (1/2/2002) about obtaining the PCC\'s.

If you guys are doing CP, then you are applying for an immigrant visa within india...so why do you need to go to the Embassy in the US? As i read it only if you are adjusting status within US you need to get a PCC from the embassy. So Wont a RPO letter and a district police officer letter suffice?

Looking at how the Embassy issues the clearance..they seem to be doing the same thing as well!!

Any thoughts??

I am attaching the news release below

All new Indian immigrant visa applicants whose appointments are scheduled
>after January 31, 2002 will require Indian police certificates as outlined
>below.
>
>INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE OBTAINED AS FOLLOWS:
>
>-- All Indian IV applicants age 16 and above, residing in India, should
>obtain police certificates from the local passport office. Applicants whose
>Indian passport was issued within the past six months may present just the
>passport office police certificate, and need not obtain additional police
>clearances.
>-- Applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months
>previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the
>district police office serving the applicant\'s place of residence.
>-- Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a
>statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no
>criminal record.
>-- Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police
>certificates from the district police station serving their area of
>residence.
>-- Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian)
>applicants applying outside India.

san777...just go any day before 12:30 with ur ticket and passport. They will ask u to collect ur pas

thanks chuck. have u got yours yet? again guys i hope new delhi is still asking only for the consula

nirus , Rajdb101

nirus
I sent the passport itself, not the copy. since i will not be able to go to DC to collect the PCC in person. I also sent a Fed-ex prepaid envelope, so whenever i request, the Consulate can send me my Pasport back (even if there is a delay in obtaining the PCC).

Rajdb101
If u read the fine print, for indians who are applying for IV from outside india(for eg:US) we just need a PCC from the Indian Consulate in US. No need for local PCC. HTH

Thanks
Sujatha

$$$$$$$ dudeap......This is what is written on PCC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To whom it may concern

There is no adverse information on the records of Embassy against
( Your name) holder of Indian passport No (Passport No) issued at (place of passport issue) on (date of passport isse) which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities incuding visa for united States for America

Embassy Seal

Signed by Attache( Consular)

Pls confirm if this is also written on your PCC

PCC from local police station also ?????

According to new rule, It says that --
    "Applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the district police office serving the applicant\'s place of residence"
Does that mean we have to take PCC even from district police office If your passport is issued 6 months before your visa approval.

Can some one please clarify.

Thanks

No Title

If u read the fine print, for indians who are applying for IV from outside india(for eg:US) we just need a PCC from the Indian Consulate in US. No need for local PCC.

In the above statement "from" outside USA..."from" was not in the original press release..

..the statement read indians applying for IV outside India which according to me is the AOS process in the US not CP. So i dont know why the embassy should be involved at all??

Help me understand.

how much to obtain PCC from DC

To apply for PCC via Mail, how much of money-order to send? Should I send pre-paid FedEx return envelope too? thanks.

I think it\'s depend upon where your passport is issued from

My Passport was issued at Ahmedabad. It took 32 days to get pcc.

Yes, That\'s all on my PCC too

Yes. I received my PCC on Jan 17th. It has same content. I had applied for my new passport as original was expiring this year. So I received my new passport and PCC within 2 weeks.

Initially I had paid $11 for PCC, but later Indra called and had asked for $20 more toward telex service. This is not mentioned anywhere on the website or on application.
Is this the case with everybody ?