Hartford Interview on Feb 2nd, what do I need for it???

Yauheniya

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I got married to USC in October 2004. We filed for AOS in March 2005, I got a letter with an appointment for an interview in November. The interview is on Feb 2nd ( I didn't even expect it so fast, 'cos Hartford DO is slow). I searched this forum and it looks like everybody was better prepared than we are. My problem is that we don't really have a lot of stuff in common, even though we live together.
We live with my in-laws, the house is on their names. They pay for utilities.
I don't have a CT DL, so there's no car title on both names. My husband has me on his insurance policy as non-driver.
We just open a joint account together (there was a problem with my passport, so I just extended it, since I didn't have a DL or valid passport the bank didn't want to add me to his account before)
We didn't have a big wedding because of the death in the family, but I have lots of pics from the ceremony with our friends (although his parents didn't come).
We have pics from holidays and birthdays ( but not too many), pics with my in-laws.
We have 4-5 letters & cards from my parents and friends on both names.
I don't have medical or life insurance. So I'm worried that we'll have problems at the interview. What do you think? What elase can I do to prove bona fide marriage? I would appriciate any help. Plz share your experience if you hade interview in Hartford.
Thank you all. This forum is really helpfull.

I think if you explain all this at the interview, you'll be fine.
Try taking mail that's come for each of you at the same address (bills, letters etc) - I think mostly the USCIS wants some proof that you live together/share a life.
Also, it's pretty simple to get a joint life insurance policy - try looking on line. You should still have enough time to do this - it's worth a shot.

Yauheniya said:
Hi everyone,
I got married to USC in October 2004. We filed for AOS in March 2005, I got a letter with an appointment for an interview in November. The interview is on Feb 2nd ( I didn't even expect it so fast, 'cos Hartford DO is slow). I searched this forum and it looks like everybody was better prepared than we are. My problem is that we don't really have a lot of stuff in common, even though we live together.
We live with my in-laws, the house is on their names. They pay for utilities.
I don't have a CT DL, so there's no car title on both names. My husband has me on his insurance policy as non-driver.
We just open a joint account together (there was a problem with my passport, so I just extended it, since I didn't have a DL or valid passport the bank didn't want to add me to his account before)
We didn't have a big wedding because of the death in the family, but I have lots of pics from the ceremony with our friends (although his parents didn't come).
We have pics from holidays and birthdays ( but not too many), pics with my in-laws.
We have 4-5 letters & cards from my parents and friends on both names.
I don't have medical or life insurance. So I'm worried that we'll have problems at the interview. What do you think? What elase can I do to prove bona fide marriage? I would appriciate any help. Plz share your experience if you hade interview in Hartford.
Thank you all. This forum is really helpfull.

Please go to DMV and they will give you a CT identity card, because you don't have any drivers license.It's very easy. Identity is very important for the officer, thouh you have passport. And it will prove that you are CT resident.
In my case the officer didn't ask us for any papers. But again, it's totally depends of the officer's mood. So please be prepared for everything. You never know what they will ask for.

Good luck.

hello there. i got interview in hartford laST week,try to get alot of evidence to proof.car registration, car insurance life insurance, joint account.and make sure ID got the same address,cuz they gonna ask for that first,good luck