Hartford, CT Stamping Experience

485/Waiter

Registered Users (C)
Got our passports stamped yesterday at INS, Hartford.
ND Aug 99, AD Aug 03, 2001, Courtesy Copy recieved Aug 10, Originals from lawyer received Aug 11.
Me and my wife reached the INS office at 8:23AM on Monday. There is a cubicle at the immediate right hand side of the entry into the office. Show them your approval notices to get a ticket number. There was no line in front of us, just few people waiting in the waiting area to be called. After geting the ticket both me a nd my wife got our fingerprinting done. There is a little room at the far right hand corner of the waiting hall. You can get your pictures done in the same room for $11. We carried our own. After that we waited our number to be called. They have various letter codes for the ticket numbers. Ours was F. I guess they give F code to all adjustment cases. Although, there are about 6 windows but there were only two officers. That\'s the reason even though there were only 5 people ahead of us with F code, we waited for an hour for our number to be called. It took only 5-10 minutes for the officer to stamp our paasports. The gentleman was very nice. He commented that I was very thorough with our paperwork. I had separated mine and my wife\'s documents in two different sets with binder clips. Each set had our passport (with I-94 card), approval notice, photographs in an envelope, Advance Paroles, and all the EAD cards in a separate envelope.
This made his life very easy. He did not ask any questions. just took out I-94 from the passports and stamped our passports after checking his computer.
When asked about plastic cards, he said 3-6 months while shrugging his shoulders (with a smile), indicating that this is a standard response.
overall, it was a painless experience. I would reccommend that get there by 8:30AM, because by 9:00AM lot more people started to come in and the place filled up pretty quickly.
For visualization, the whole set up is like the visa hall of a consulate with a hall with chairs to wait and service windows one side of the hall (except that this is less intimidating! :)

Good to all. Pl. let me know if I can answer any qestions.
Last but not least, I would like to thanks all the knowledgeable people on this forum and Mr. Khanna for their responses and maintaining this site. It has been very helpful during the long dark days of endless and painful waiting.

Hartford Questions

First of all congrats!!! I have a couple of questions though,

Where in HARTFORD is this place? Do you have an address? Is this the same place where you had your Fingerprinting done?

Also, is there a need to take AP, EAD documents with you?

Santhosh

No Title

It is on 450 Main Street, which is Court building. My fingerprinting was done at a different location.
Yes, you will need to surrender all your EAD\'s and AP\'s.
Good luck to you.

Stamping Question

My wife\'s and my I-485 got approved recently. However, my wife is in India at present. Do you know if I can go for my passport stamping now, and she after she gets back in the country? Or do I have to wait until she gets back so we can go together? She is on EAD/AP. Also, is there any appointment at the Hartford office, or can you just walk in with the approval notice?

Thanks a lot!!