Hartford,CT stamping experience?

mb12345

Registered Users (C)
If anyone has experience with I-485 stamping at Hartford,CT please share. There is a long thread about experience at NY Federal Plaza, but there isn't any thread about Hartford.

Its pretty simple and straight forward:

1. They entertain you only 15 min before the scheduled time.
2. When you reach the floor, I think 4 th - there are 2 lines to enter the room. One for the walk-ins (long as you guessed). The second takes you straight to the security officer.
3. The officer gets you the token from one of the counters.
4. While you wait for the number to be called - get the FP done in one of the cabins in the room (they will tell you)
5. You can also get your photo done if you don't take the ADIT photos with you. Actually I will suggest you get it done there. It costs $11 for 2 photos there - in the market it will cost you atleast 10 if not more.
6. Once you number is called - give them the approval letter (I suggest you give the courtesy copy as it has your address - and thats where they send the GC. If you give the attorney's copy - the GC may be sent to the attorney - thats what the officer there told me), infopass copy, photos, I94, EAD, AP if any.

Thats it - they will stamp the copy and you are on the way out. If you take an early morning appointment - it should take about 30 min in all. If later in the day - it could be anywhere between 2 hours to 3 hours.

Parking - there is a parking lot across the street from immigration office. They charge about $7 for the entire day.
Security - Ask your wife not to carry nail clippers as she will lose it while being thru the security :)

Hope this helps.

Dharma,

Did you take original educational transcripts, experience letters, marriage/birth certificates etc?

Joyd

I carried a set of my 485 docs and also what I replied for RFE (EVL, Tax returns and Paystubs for last 2months). No original transcripts - just the copies that were part of 485 application. Also carried birth certificate and marriage certificate but no one asked for it. Only Passport, I94, Photos, EAD and AP were asked for.

DHARMA16 said:
Joyd

I carried a set of my 485 docs and also what I replied for RFE (EVL, Tax returns and Paystubs for last 2months). No original transcripts - just the copies that were part of 485 application. Also carried birth certificate and marriage certificate but no one asked for it. Only Passport, I94, Photos, EAD and AP were asked for.

Thanks Dharma!

2 more questions regarding stamping at Hartford

Thank you for all the information you guys provided. Would you please help me with these 2 more questions?

-Do you make only ONE Infopass appointment for both you and your wife, or you need to make 2 separat appoinments at the same time for each of you?

- Do you need to be at the office in advance to take the passport photos? Or it is just the one of the steps you go through after you were called?

Thank you !

colormix

one more question:

What is the "courtesy copy" of the approval letter? Where can I get it? I only got the one from my attorney (Form I-797) with his address on it.

Thanks!

I got my PP stamping done at Hartford today. The process was exactly as dharma16 has described in the second post above. I just had problems with my wife's pictures. She was wearing earrings and the immigration officer asked her to get another set of pictures. The guy who does FP also takes pics. He charges $11 for the pics. The quality of pics was not good. My wife was upset that she couldn't use the pics she had taken earlier with all her makeup :)

My appt was at 10:30. Reached there at 9:55, was made to wait outside until 10:15. I was on my way out at 11:15.

As dharma16 mentioned, there is a parking lot across from the building which charges $8 for the entire day. But there is also a lot of street parking available. You should get plenty of quarters with you. There is a 2-hour parking limit. If you arrive 30 mins before your appt, you might be okay with the 2-hour limit. If you have to wait for more than 2 hours and need to feed the parking meters, you should get plenty of time in between getting the token/getting FP done and being called at the counter.

No Infopass Appts at Hartford ...

Any idea what to do - when i go to infopass site and try to get an appt is says:

At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

What do i do, keep going everyday to the website ???

CT_waiting said:
Any idea what to do - when i go to infopass site and try to get an appt is says:

At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

What do i do, keep going everyday to the website ???

Try making an appointment from another computer, or clear all your cache and cookies and try. When I made my appointments, I was able to make only one for myself. I couldn't make a second appointment for my wife, I would get the same message. When I tried from another computer, I could make the appointment.

Friends,

I have Stamping Appt. on 12/20 but i am moving my apartment end of this month and not sure my new apartment address.

can we give NJ address where my cousine living? or it has to be CT?

Any advise?

Thanks

Do we need 2 infopasses for wife and husband?

Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot for the info you have provided, We got approved on 12/13 and would like to set up an appointment. My question is do we need just one or 2 infopasses for stamping wife and husbands passports.
Appreciate your reply,
Thanks,

As per other posting i realise taking two separate appointment is advisable. you never know the person on door may ask separate.

Hi Kmunna,
As dharma16 has mentioned in his post earlier in the thread, i would think you would want to give the attorney's copy of I485 approval at PP stamping time . That way the attorney gets the GC and he could send it to you where ever you wish it to be sent.

maybe you should ask the person who would do your stamping, if you could submit attorneys copy instead of your courtesy copy, I don't know if this (asking) is best but it is an option.
Best wishes,

Gurus's please advise
when we go for stamping, is courtsey copy sufficient or do we need original copy from lawyer??