Hartford CT - N-400 Timeline

My VT/Hartford timeline is in my signature. Probably could have been done by now if not for my arrest, which led to a "decision cannot be made" outcome at the end of my interview... :rolleyes:

N-400 .Enfield, CT

Application mailed from Stamford CT
05/27/09: N-400 and Received on 05/28/09 @ Lewisville, TX.
06/02/09: Check cashed
06/05/09: NOA Received.
06/08/09: Finger printing notice Received.
06/20/09: FP date@ New Rochelle, NY.
06/17/09: FP done-Walk-in. Just must have a good excuse.
Moved to Enfield CT and change of address resulted on this:
07/27/09: Letter for Interview received.
09/22/09: Interview scheduled @ Hartford office/Done :) and received Oath Letter as well same day, to be done on just a week. the whole thing took less then 30 minutes.
10/02/09:Schedule for name change and oath same day, same place.All Done. American Proud now.

Last edited by a moderator:
went in for FP appointment at 1 PM yesterday- 20 minutes process. i am just concerned by what the FP officer told me when I asked her if the FP is ok- she said my fingers are dry and the lines are thin.
some of the numbers showing up during the FP were 60, sometimes the message was 'light'.
Should I be concerned?

Hello all,

I am from India and Here are My N 400 Details. Applied from Hartford, CT

Received Date July, 2007
Priority Date July, 2007
Notice date Sept, 2007
Check Cleared Aug, 2007
Finger Print OCT, 2007

First Interview scheduled on Aug 5th 2008 in INS office in Hartford, CT

Got a Letter on Aug 14th 2008 from USCIS saying that they cancelled my interview BUT THEY DID NOT MENTION MY NEXT INTERVIEW DATE.

Second time interview scheduled in March 2009

Got a Letter just 2 weeks before the interview from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

Third time interview scheduled on June 2009

Got a Letter just 3 weeks before the interview from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

FINALLY INTERVIEWED IN AUGUST 2009 BUT Decision cannot be made AND I AM WAITING FOR OATH LETTER.

ANY BODY IN THIS BOAT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I have posted in other Hartford thread and it seems to be too old and abandened

online status changed to-
"Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview".

No IL letter received yet.

I have posted in other Hartford thread and it seems to be too old and abandened

online status changed to-
"Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview".

No IL letter received yet.

do you know when your online status changed?

Just under 6 months from start to finish, including a 36 day delay due to a 'decision cannot be made' outcome at the end of my interview. Could have been 5 months from start to finish, maybe even less, had I gotten my answer right there on the spot.

Received interview letter

Received interview letter, date set for Oct 19th at Hartford CT

See the signature for details

My spouse got YL today asking to bring the following for Interview

1) state issued ID 2) All passports current and expired

I did not get any.

Walk in for FP today . In and out in 9 minutes - FLAT . ......

That's awesome - Hope it goes this way ......

I got YL too a week after my souse got one.

asking to bring "state issued ID" to the interview!

My spouse got YL today asking to bring the following for Interview

1) state issued ID 2) All passports current and expired

I did not get any.

A colleague of mine who lives in Greenwich (Hartford DO) had his interview today (he's been a LPR for15 years).
I convinced him to apply.
He sent his N400 out on Jun 4.
His interview was today. He was only asked for marriage license (which he didn't bring) and if he paid all taxes (no docs requested). Then the I/O went over the N400 questions, all good.
He was approved and since he's quite busy at work (he's the CEO for a famous luxury brand) the I/O gave him a oath letter right away. He initially offered one for this Friday (10/2), he declined because of his meetings, then 10/9, declined, finally he accepted 10/16. I guess they do oaths on Fridays only..... Overall it was 4 months. Not bad at all.