Hartford CT - N-400 Timeline

I got approved today

I was approved today at the Hartford office. The officer was very friendly and professional.

I arrived at the immigration at about 11:25am (my interview was at 11:35am). I parked my car one block away from the immigration office (finding a parking spot is not an easy thing there). Anyways, I put money in the meter worth 2 hours thinking that was going to be plenty.
I was called in at about 2 pm. The officer went through my application to make sure that nothing has changed since then and he had all required copies.

1) He asked to read a very simplistic sentence which I did.
2) He asked to write "Independence day is in July"
3) He asked me six civic questions:
- When was the declaration of independence adopted?
- Who is the speaker of the house?
- What is the name of the 10 first amendments of the constitution?
- Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
- Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States
- For how long is the President of the US elected?
I answered all these questions correctly.

He then asked if I would like to take the oath on May 08, 2009 in New Haven? I was like oh Yes Yes Yes!!!!
He asked to wait in the waiting room while he prepares the oath letter. A few minutes later, He gave me my oath letter and congratulated me. I was so happy and thankful to the Lord Jesus for this great opportunity.:D

On a side note, by the time I got back to my car, there was a $25 parking ticket on my front window because my car was parked for more than two hours:mad::mad::eek: Hopefully, they won't hold this against at the oath.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations new_member.

i will be filing n-400 in july- i am hoping that the whole process goes smooth and maybe even at the same speed as yours.

Interview at Hartford Office

The interview took 15 minutes after a wait time of 40 minutes.
No surprises in the Q/A part that lasted hardly 2-3 minutes.
Rest all time was spent in verifying the information in the file
At the end of it also got the oath letter for Jun 19th.

Congratulations CTGuy !!!! It's great that our DO is moving fast enough.

How was the IO whom interviewed you?

Also, where will your oath be held? Is it in Hartford, New HAven, or Bridgeport?

N-400 application, CT

Hi all,

I want to apply this month, I live in Enfield, ct. Would my application be processed in Hartford? And if yes, where would be the fingerprinting done?

I will be moving to Miami, FL. I am wondering if it is better to wait to apply there, or if i should start the process in CT and then do a change of address for the rest of the procedure? Any good advice for the faster way?

Thank you

Hi bigsky72,

Yes your application will be processed in Hartford, which is the only field office in CT, coz it's the capital of CT.
As far as fingerprinting, it will either be in Hartford, or New Rochelle.

I believe you have to live in the currect district for 3 months to qualify for residency eligibility, so you would need to live in Miami for at least 3 months before you can apply. but i'm not sure. The gurus here can better answer that.

N-400 application, CT

Thank you for the reply. How long usually CT app would take? Any one can tell me also how long would the process take if I file in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Thank you:)

I was in the same situation where I was just about ready to file for citizenship when I had to move from CT to NC. I decided to move, file AR-11 and then wait three months to file N-400. I just did not want to take any chances, but that's just me!!!

The IO was very friendly. After the initial few minutes ( when test part was done), we chatted for few minutes on general stuff. He just went through the whole application confirming the information.

The Oath is in Bridgeport.

Congratulations CTGuy !!!! It's great that our DO is moving fast enough.

How was the IO whom interviewed you?

Also, where will your oath be held? Is it in Hartford, New HAven, or Bridgeport?

N-400 .Stamford, CT

05/27/09: N-400 and Received on 05/28/09 @ Lewisville, TX.
06/02/09: Cash Received
06/05/09: NOA Received.
06/08/09: Finger printing notice Received.
06/20/09: Finger printing appointment at New Rochelle, NY.. I am actually not sure of this, because it is a Saturday. Does any one have any idea?Can I just do do this finger printing without an appointment , just walk in?

N-400 .Stamford, CT
06/02/09: Cash Received
06/20/09: Finger printing appointment at New Rochelle, NY.. I am actually not sure of this, because it is a Saturday. Does any one have any idea?Can I just do do this finger printing without an appointment , just walk in?

Finger printing date

Can I just walk in before the date for finger printing and try to get it done? Or it is better to wait?

Please, advice,
thanks

N-400 .Stamford, CT

My FP appointment was also Saturday. On my FP notice, it said, if I can't make it that day I can reschedule for any Wed or Sat. My DO is Boston. So, I think I could have tried for a walk-in on any Wed or Sat. I didn't try walk-in, but I read several posts about people trying it with varying results. Some times the security will allow it, some times they allow only if you have some documents showing you are travelling on that date, and some times they won't allow it. Only way to find out is by giving it a try.

- JS.

N-400 .Stamford, CT

N-400 .Stamford, CT
06/02/09: Check cashed
06/20/09: FP date@ New Rochelle, NY.
06/17/09: FP done-Walk-in. :) Just must have a good excuse.

N-400 .Stamford, CT

N-400 .Stamford, CT
06/02/09: Check cashed
06/20/09: FP date@ New Rochelle, NY.
06/17/09: FP done-Walk-in. Just must have a good excuse.
Moving 06/18/09 from Stamford, CT to Enfield, CT. I filled AR-11 online. Do I need to call them now?
I did not leave the state, would this move still create delay for my interview?

Thanks

My N-400 times - Hartford CT

Application mailed on June 22nd to Texas
RD - 6/22/09
FP Notice received - 7/7/09
FP date - 7/29/09

Thanks
Bye
Venki

Hartford,CT
N-400 mailed: July 14,2009
Received : July 15,2009
Check cashed: July 16,2009

FP done today at East Hartford

Appointment was at 9:00 am, I went there by 8:50 am, out by 9:20 am.

My details -
Application mailed on June 22nd to Texas
RD - 6/22/09
FP Notice received - 7/7/09
FP date - 7/29/09 - Done

Thanks
Bye
Venki