Hartford CT - N-400 Timeline

new_member12

Registered Users (C)
Connecticut applicants, lets share our experience and keep this thread alive. I know our district office is pretty slow but let's share our experience here. I applied since about 2 weeks, the check has cleared yet nor have I received the NOA.

Dirstict office : Hartford , CT
Application mailed to Vermont Service Center: 12/04/2008:
Package delivered by UPS: 12/05/2008
Checked cashed: ??????
NOA: ?????
FP: ??????

I received my NOA today though it has no priority date.

Checked cashed: 12/18/2008
NOA: 12/22/2008
FP: ??????

I received my fingerprint notice today.

Priority Date: 12/05/2008
FP: 01/13/2009

waiting for interview. anybody has the real processing times instead of the bs times on the USCIS website? What dates are they processing?

waiting for interview. anybody has the real processing times instead of the bs times on the USCIS website? What dates are they processing?

Based on what I have read elsewhere, It seems to be taking an average of 5 months to receive the IL which itself is usually about 7 weeks away from the day you received the letter. So, if you add the time until the oath, the overall wait time could be 8 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

I am from India and Here are My N 400 Details. Applied from Hartford, CT

Received Date July 26, 2007
Priority Date July 26, 2007
Notice date Sept 17, 2007
Check Cleared Aug 08, 2007
Finger Print OCT 05, 2007

I had a citizenship interview scheduled on Aug 5th 2008 in INS office in Hartford, CT, but two days before the Interview I received a Call from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the previously scheduled interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

I wonder anyone had come across this kind of situation ? what does this mean ? Do you think INS will reschedule my interview?
Interview Date suppose to be on Aug 05, 2008 but it got cancelled.
Got a Letter on Aug 14th 2008 from USCIS saying that they cancelled my interview BUT THEY DID NOT MENTION MY NEXT INTERVIEW DATE.

Waiting for Interview Letter...

FYI...I called couple of times USCIS and they mentioned that my case is put on hold for background check.

Please let me know what is the next step to proceed.

Thanks
Namita

Oath Ceremony

I am assigned to the Hartford DO. I recently got my interview letter which is scheduled for March 9th. I was wondering how long it takes for the oath ceremony proceedings after the interview (Approximately of course). I tried sorting through the forums on a couple of websites that have tracking for the oath ceremonies but I could not find a recent one for the Hartford DO.

I would REALLY like to know if it would happen before the spring break ends (March 9th to 16th).

I am assigned to the Hartford DO. I recently got my interview letter which is scheduled for March 9th. I was wondering how long it takes for the oath ceremony proceedings after the interview (Approximately of course). I tried sorting through the forums on a couple of websites that have tracking for the oath ceremonies but I could not find a recent one for the Hartford DO.

I would REALLY like to know if it would happen before the spring break ends (March 9th to 16th).

There you have it.- Last info on Hartford, CT. :D

I received my interview letter today. What a good surprise! As you can see my timeline below, I mailed my application on December 4, 2008. My interview is scheduled to be held in about 6 weeks (April 08, 2009). I am so excited because I got my letter so quick even though Hartford is known to be very very slow. If everything goes well, the overall process would take about 4 months.

Thank you Jesus.

Priority Date: 12/05/2008
FP: 01/13/2009 (Did a walk-in in Dec 08)
Interview Date: 04/08/2009

wow.... you are really fortunate. its almost unbelievable that things could go so fast because the processing times on the website are so different.

Hello

I went for my fingerprinting appointment on Tueday, 3/3.

Below is my timeline:

Mailed N-400: 2/2/2009
Received and Priority Date: 2/4/2009
Received NoA: 2/13/2009
Received FN: 2/26/2009
Fingerprinting Appt: 3/3/2009

I wonder how long it will take to get an interview letter now????
I wish I get lucky like new_member12.....

Yayy. I received my IL yesterday as well....:D

It is on Monday, May 18 at 10:45 am.......

Now the studying begins.......:)

p.s, how do I edit my signature......it's prolly something simple I can't find..:rolleyes:

Editing your signature

You can click on "User CP" on top of the page after signing in and then click on Edit signature in left panel.