hariA - 485 approved yet? OR anyone with ND of 10/00?

lal

Registered Users (C)
Hello hariA and everyone on the group,

Just wondering is there anyone (ND 10/00 and FP in 2/01) hasn\'t have their I485 approved? Seems like there are so many lucky ones out there with ND of 11/00 and FP 2/01, have their cases approved.

Here\'s my info:
EB3
ND 10/20/00
FP 2/10/01
AP and EAD approved.

Any info will be great, anf I hope to hear from you soon hariA, because it seems like our case approval dates are always so similar.

Thank you.
Lee

No Title

Hello Lee:

I was just about to ask u this and have been looking through other approvals hoping u might have got it. Remember our i-140 case, we got approvals 1 week apart with all other info almost the same?

No i have not received the approval yet. I hope the incident with the i-140 rfe is not the reason for our delay. My info:

pd 2/96
nd 10/3/00
wife fp: 11/28/00
1 FP: 2/9/01 (got it with attorney copy did not receive orig. notice)
2nd FP: 3/29/01 (i got the original but my alien number begins with T123 instead of A123) i will be going for it tomorrow.
FBI said FP approved the same day but INS still does not have it on their system. i have given up hope now, especially seeing quite a few unlucky ones from sep 00 Notice dates.
I feel that INS might ask me again for the company papers or something. I have also seen quite a few with older PD\'s like mine getting interviews.

I dont mean be bring other people\'s mood down with my message but this sure is a good place to vent it out and let other people know that "please dont get too excited once ur FP is done".

Lee: did u get any response from IIO regarding the FP or whether it is assigned.

But whatever said and done, the current way of processing is not FAIR on part of the INS.

No Title

Hi hariA,
Thans for replying my post. I agree with you about the frustration
with the INS. Regarding your question, I have called and spoke
to an IIO I think last week, and she said the FP has been
received on Feb 17 (it was done on 02.10.01). She said my case
has been assigned to the division responsible for such cases
but she doesn\'t know if it has been assigned to an officer yet. I
then asked her how long does she think a decision will be made
on the I-485 once the FP is done, she says probably within 60 to
90 days, but on some occasion it can be longer.

Please keep me informed regarding your case, and so will I. I
don\'t check that often now ( once every 2 or 3 weeks), so please
email me at lal@oco.net
Thank you. And good luck to us all who are still waiting.
Lee.

No Title

If you are getting close to the 90 day period for finger prints expiring I would recommend calling an IIO, explaining the situation and begging them to do something. I had some problems with my case falling through the cracks because of delays between my wifes fingerprints and mine (almost 2 months between the two) and after calling every week for a couple of months I finally got an officer who agreed to take a look, pulled the case off the shelf and 1 1/2 weeks later it was approved.

No Title

thank "bubba b" for the recommendation. I guess FP is valid for 1 year. i sure will mark my calendar and i hope it does not get to that point. me and my wife have more than 2 months gap and think my case i slipping through the cracks.

No Title

Actually I don\'t think FP are valid for a year, as when I finally got my approval my wife was very close to having had hers for 3 months and the IIO officer specifically mentioned this when I spoke to her. I doesn\'t seem to make a huage difference, just when the case is finally pulled of the shelf and adjudicated the officer may require a new set of fingerprints. Atleasts that the impression I got when speaking to the officer. Your case sounds extremely similar to mine in terms of the delay and falling through the cracks.

No Title

Hi
Just spoke to an IIO at CSC. The news is depressing. The FPs are still not in the system, case has not been assigned to an officer
and it is pending.

Details:

PD 09/99 (EB-2 RIR)
I-140 approval date: 07/00
I-485 ND : 10/00
FP: 01/01
Pending ?????????
Center:CSC

Sriram

No Title

INS sure works in mysterious ways. Just hang in there and something will work out or:
- try going to the local INS office and find out what happend or if u live closer to laguna niguel a trip might be worth it.
- you can write to congressman to complain how INS is messing up the files.