Hardship J waiver - Help Hadron / anyone please!

oneway

Registered Users (C)
J1- with 1 yr to go in status- hardship waiver applied for - 612 submission date current for one month at USCIS service center

Questions-
how long does it usually take?
should i also / can i also apply for concurrent undeserved waiver?

thanks in advance

Don't know too much about the hardship waiver. I believe there are a couple of contributors who know more about it.

I believe you can apply hardship and state at the same time. If hardship comes through, you are lucky in that you don't have to work in underserved location.

In my case the processing time posted on USCIS turned out to be a joke, that was 2 yrs ago though, I hope they have gotten better. It goes from USCIS to DOS and then back. The DOS part takes 4 months only.
I think as Hadron said if any one gets approved 1st then you have to go with that one. But something is better than nothing. Even with the hardship waiver chances are you are going to be at the next employer for ~3yrs waiting for GC anyways, so don't sweat it.

IT varies

I have had two friends who applied.

One took 1 month only ( approved) and the over a year ( still rejected).

Apply for both.
Discuss with a good lawyer also.

MDGUTS

Thanks

I612 said:
In my case the processing time posted on USCIS turned out to be a joke, that was 2 yrs ago though, I hope they have gotten better. It goes from USCIS to DOS and then back. The DOS part takes 4 months only.
I think as Hadron said if any one gets approved 1st then you have to go with that one. But something is better than nothing. Even with the hardship waiver chances are you are going to be at the next employer for ~3yrs waiting for GC anyways, so don't sweat it.

Thanks for all your input - could you expand a bit more on your USCIS part experience- any info will help-I think I will try to apply for both

how long your USCIS part took
why did you say that the processing time was not usefull to follow
Do I need a new DS3035 # for the conrad waiver application

how long your USCIS part took
13 mths to go from USCIS to DOS

why did you say that the processing time was not usefull to follow
For the website saying it takes 3 mths for the whole thing and mine took only 13 to go from USCIS to DOS
Do I need a new DS3035 # for the conrad waiver application
I don't know the answer to this one. I just did a hardship waiver.

MDGUTS1307 said:
I have had two friends who applied.

One took 1 month only ( approved) and the over a year ( still rejected).

Apply for both.
Discuss with a good lawyer also.

MDGUTS

Could you elaborate on their case scenario, i.e. Country, Type of hardship and reason of denial etc. Any take home point from the two..
I am in the process of submitting hardship waiver too...

One more question for I-612

Were the USCIS Center specific processing dates helpful at all for you-
My case submission date now predates the "currrent" processing date on their website by 3 months- does that mean anything at all :(

didn't mean anything for me at all. Mine was probably one of the worse case scenarios esp when it got to the final approval notice. If you think you have a fair chance then get a fellowship/chief residency as back-up. If you find a decent waiver job start working on that too. I don't want to sound too pessimistic but with hardship waivers you are at the mercy of the reviewers. Recently they seem to be more understanding and maybe forgiving, but I won't plan my life on that.

Moved to DOS stage

My case just moved to DOS after 6 months @ USCIS!

3-4 months of more waiting if I understood correctly - :)

oneway said:

That is good,
In my case DOS was 3 mths, not bad at all.
Hopefully when you get the fax of approval notice from DOS you can apply for COS to H1 with the approval notice. That final approval notice took forever to come due to some errors. Most people get it a month later.

GOOD LUCK

oneway said:

hello oneway:
a couple of questions

which service center did you submit it to?
Did you know that your case moved to DOS - from DOS tracking system or USCIS case status?
Does the notice say approved or just moved to DOS?

I heard from a colleague that his hardship case took three weeks at DOS.

Answers to docny's questions
NSC
Follow the DOS status

More questions from me

Anyone rejected at DOS stage / if yes what reason?
thanks

Oneway and others

oneway said:
Answers to docny's questions
NSC
Follow the DOS status

Is USCIS tracking system any helpful. I am following the processing dates for VSC and for the last three updates April 22, May 8 and today may 22 ; they are still processing Jan 8, 2006 for I-612

meaning in the last one and a half month they did not process any application?

another of my question is, are these processing date for the intial USCIS application or the last part where the DOS sends back their approval to SCIS for final notice.

This really worries me as with this rate the waiver will take more than one year or so.

Reply to Docny

docny said:
Is USCIS tracking system any helpful. I am following the processing dates for VSC and for the last three updates April 22, May 8 and today may 22 ; they are still processing Jan 8, 2006 for I-612

meaning in the last one and a half month they did not process any application?

another of my question is, are these processing date for the intial USCIS application or the last part where the DOS sends back their approval to SCIS for final notice.

This really worries me as with this rate the waiver will take more than one year or so.

The USCIS initial processing is depicted by the center processing date- aka when they change the date they have made their ruling on the case either sent it to the DOS or sent it back to you (rejected/request for more eveidence)

They take 3-4 months to process each application - variable of course - but especially true I believe if it envolves medical grounds.

Yes the more than one year thing does worry me as well - keep waiting pal - we are in this thing together

best of luck :)

DOS gave us a favorable recommendation- guess have to wait for the final approval from USCIS now :confused: