hard to believe ...

Thank you for all your efforts

I read many of your posts and enjoy your efforts for helping other for years. It is the time that God extends his helping hands to you.

Wish you the best with your newly gained status and hope you coming back often with your timely guiden.

Thank you for all your efforts

I read many of your posts and enjoy your efforts for helping other for years. It is the time that God extends his helping hands to you.

Wish you the best with your newly gained status and hope you coming back often with your timely guiden.

finally

Congratulations starbucks! We'll hope for you to be around here in the forum. Maybe you can help us with the new initiative at ImmigrationPortal.ORG which will benefit many fellow immigrants who are still suffering due to backlogs.

is EAD fresh application - the missing link to a COLD CASE ...

Friends,
Thanks to all of you for your kind words. As I go through my past
experience with this forum, it is really the invaluable support from community members like you - that kept us going.

Now when I think back, I applied for my 3rd EAD on Jan. 28 2004, which was 5+ months after NSC got the response to my RFE, and
4+ months after my 2nd fp. From reading other posts in the VSC forum, it appeared that processing of a new EAD could trigger
some movement in the underlying I-485. Now I know that many
people have done this and have not been successful (maybe these cases were not cold cases).

Does it make sense for fellow waiters who have gone through at least 3 months of waiting after their second fp and RFE response received (which ever is later) , apply for a fresh EAD - whenever their EAD renewals come within the 6 month window ? (I know that many people renew their EADs late today, may be 2 months before the expiry date). My old EAD expires in May 31 2004. I applied on Jan. 28, 2004. I got the EAD approval on March 12, and the I-485 approval on March 16 (CIS could have waited till
May 31 to give me my EAD approval, however they decided to approve both at around the same time).

Does it make sense that a COLD Case can be resurrected by applying for a fresh EAD at the right time (I define a COLD CASE
as no response from CIS for at least 3 months after a 2nd fp or an
RFE response received whichever happens later)

I am also updating my rupnet account with name 'star'.

starbucks
RD 12/11/01
RFE response received by CIS 8/7/03
2nd FP 9/18/03

starbucks

Congrats!

Mine was approved in Feb. I still come back to this site to see
fellow members celebrate.

Take care!