Happy New Year - Approved !!!

gauravsharma

Registered Users (C)
I can't believe the long long wait is finally over !! Just now checked online & called BCIS to verify the AVM and yes....its approved for me & my wife !!

I wish you all a very very Happy New Year and sincerely wish the BCIS starts the new year on a Fast Pace of I-485 approvals.

I personally thank Mr. Rajiv & all you guys out there who have been so very kind with all their thoughts and support. So hang in there everyone....there is light at end of the tunnel

Its the Time to do D I S C O :)

RD - Feb 27 , 2002
ND - Mar 22, 2002
FP1 - Nov 17, 2002
FP2 - Sep 10, 2003
FP3 - Dec 23, 2003 (Error by BCIS, so no FP done)
AP - Dec 30, 2003

congrats

A good way to start the new year. it shows USCIS personnel are working hard in these holiday days..... Hope new year brings good news for everyone who is waiting....

gauravsharma,

Congratulations!

For your FP3, did you visit the INS local branch? How did you find out it is an error?

I did go to the local center to give my 3rd FP but was told that it was a mistake after the officer there checked in his local system. So for the people who have received 3rd FP, its a good sign, the only issue is that it does require you to go to the local FP center to confirm if the FP notice was sent in an error.

Note:

(1) Mine is an AC-21 case. Used AC-21 3 times (samilar job profile and a little higher salary) after being laid off (I-485 pending for more than 180 days) from the original sponsor (Fortune 500 company).

(2) Filed 2 AR-11 for address change including one for state change but never called BCIS to update the address personally.

(3) Was in regular touch with my old lawyer for all the FP copies that he received, which he mailed to me.

Let me know if anyone has any question, BTW i'm waiting to get the approval letter in hand from my attorney.

Q1. Does anyone have an idea if the approval has any specified BCIS office that i need to go for stamping ?

Q2. Even if there is any specified office location , could i go to the nearest BCIS location for stamping ?

Q1. Does anyone have an idea if the approval has any specified BCIS office that i need to go for stamping ?
The approve letter has the address of BCIS office you need to go.

Q2. Even if there is any specified office location , could i go to the nearest BCIS location for stamping ?
I guess you need to go to office indicated in the approve letter.

Originally posted by gauravsharma
I did go to the local center to give my 3rd FP but was told that it was a mistake after the officer there checked in his local system. So for the people who have received 3rd FP, its a good sign, the only issue is that it does require you to go to the local FP center to confirm if the FP notice was sent in an error.

Note:

(1) Mine is an AC-21 case. Used AC-21 3 times (samilar job profile and a little higher salary) after being laid off (I-485 pending for more than 180 days) from the original sponsor (Fortune 500 company).

(2) Filed 2 AR-11 for address change including one for state change but never called BCIS to update the address personally.

(3) Was in regular touch with my old lawyer for all the FP copies that he received, which he mailed to me.

Let me know if anyone has any question, BTW i'm waiting to get the approval letter in hand from my attorney.

- I have seen posts where people got it stamped from their nearest local office.

====================
So, BCIS had ur new address even though u sent only AR11 and didn't not inform BCIS about address change?
Did u inform BCIS about AC21? all the 3 times?
Who received the approval notice?
Looks like u received ur FP2 in less than year after FP1? Was there any problem with ur FP1?