Hanuman, Cool_bandha, and other guys... Company name change cases.

sp rao

Registered Users (C)
Did you guys get chance to call INS to find out I-485 status? It\'s been 3 weeks that they got guidelines. I don\'t know what they waiting for?
We are waiting with RD 9/99.

RAO

No Title

RAO, I am trying since yesterday but NO LUCK YET...I will try whole day today to find out whats going on ?????

In the mean time if you have any specific quetions to be asked please post it and I will try to get an answer If I don\'t get thru by 3:00 PM then may be I will call INS HQ.....

Hanuman

No Title

Hanuman, I think my case is very much similar to your case, simple name change. Had RFE in 1/01. Never filed ammended I-140. I also have RD and ND in 9/99. We been seeing few approvals who have later dates than us, that\'s good they got approved. But what happened to old cases. Did they kept aside and and forgot it? I don\'t know man, it\'s been never ending waiting.

rao

No Title

rao, thats absolutly my thinking which prompt me to call INS since yesterday ....and not only that a co worker who filed in Jan 2000 from my company got approved in June and here I am still waiting !!!

I am un able to understand the logic of VSC processing Company Name Change cases of 2000 and NOT DOING ANY THING WITH SEPT 99

BTW did you call INS recently if yes when and what BS you got from INS???
Hanuman

No Title

I called them before Guidelines release.

I have been trying this week, but couldn\'t get thru. I cannot spend much time on phone from work. That\'s why I couldn\'t get thru this week. May be I take halfday off next week to call INS. If you get thru please post the details.

rao

No Title

They have generated a rfe for me. I dont know if they have mailed it yet
I checked with my lawyer and they have not recd it.

No Title

Cool_bandha, have your attorney call VSC and ask for details if they say its mailed out and you have not received it you can sk for a copy after 14 days from the date it was mailed out...
Take it easy and all the best

Hanuman

No Title

This is what my lawyer has been experiencing reg. the approval
Before AC21:
You do amend I 140 and you get approval soon(6 weeks from amend. I 140 application)
Without amend, no change
Now:
Almost(90%) cases are getting RFE, which is standard, similar(emp. letter) and once you reply, you get approval. But the catch is, the queue has shifted to RFE, reply etc. so the communication takes a while. My case is under review now, the best I can hope now is, get an RFE soon, send it back same day, then keep fingers crossed. I dont count me in the 10% lucky people who gets without RFE.

No Title

AC21orI140, was your case on hold because of Company Name Change ???
In other words dose INS/VSC knows about the Name Change if yes then you will get an RFE if not then YOU MAY NOT GET AN RFE and directly get an approval !!!

Just an observation

All the best
Hanuman

No Title

It is a company name change and they know it(it was on hold).But some lucky fellows got through without RFE(and no amd. I 140). I just dont count on the luck factor, though.

No Title

Well in that case DON\'T CALL IIO .. just to trigger RFE ...just wait and watch....MY 2Cents

Hanuman