Had my Asylum interview yesterday - waiting for decision

asylum82

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I had my asylum interview yesterday and I was asked to get back to the asylum office on 9th (thats next week) - its pretty fast - within a week.

I was able to answer for everything that the officer was asking me - she kept typing in the responses - She was very neutral with her responses - did not seem positive nor negative at all - I would call her a nice lady !

She just handed over the document stating that the pick up date is 9th - My attorney just mentioned that she is hopeful...Hoping and praying that it works ..

I am worried, and thats when I thought of sharing this experience with you - I think its better to talk to someone who knows about how tough it is ..waiting for the results....

Cheers..

Also, I was reading through some other threads - it was saying that if its an approval it takes a while to get the results - if the results are coming out sooner, seems like the decision, which might not be positive is been made - is it a correct statement ?

i want to believe that this is just a hypothetical/generic statement !! since my pick up date is within 7 days after my interview...

Praying for the best ...hoping for the best.....

Also, I was reading through some other threads - it was saying that if its an approval it takes a while to get the results - if the results are coming out sooner, seems like the decision, which might not be positive is been made - is it a correct statement ?

i want to believe that this is just a hypothetical/generic statement !! since my pick up date is within 7 days after my interview...

Praying for the best ...hoping for the best.....

No you are mistaken. That is just a myth about asylum. In fact the majority like 95% of application are decided within 2 weeks of the interview. So you are in good shape. The sweet part is you don't have to wait months and years until you hear something that you don't know when to expect and what to expect.
You will either get approved hopefully or if in status given a chance to rebuttal. If out of status then will be referred to court.

How was the interview? what was your impression. Did the officer seem convinced?

No you are mistaken. That is just a myth about asylum. In fact the majority like 95% of application are decided within 2 weeks of the interview. So you are in good shape. The sweet part is you don't have to wait months and years until you hear something that you don't know when to expect and what to expect.
You will either get approved hopefully or if in status given a chance to rebuttal. If out of status then will be referred to court.

How was the interview? what was your impression. Did the officer seem convinced?

Hi Asylum seeker - Thanks a ton for your response.

My interview went well - she was asking me very specific questions on the "bad incidents" which had happened to me..

I felt like I answered the best I could - she kept on typing the responses - she was very neutral - she was smiling and just said, come back and get the results on the 9th - and said "best wishes for my future and stuff...

Could not read anything from her facial expressions - she kept nodding her head and typing...

I asked my attorney about it - she said that she is hopeful - and told me that I did good.

I am soo scared :( I am praying

dont be scared, i seems like your immigration officer was convinced. i had almost the same expereince and my lawyer told me that i should be fine and i got it approved in 2-3 weeks. i am praying for you too

Could you please tell me about a rebuttal chance? What is this and what do you get to do or correct? I thought if you get not approved by officer, you get referred to immigration court no matter what your status is.
Thank you!

Ocho;

If you are in status, you will not referred to immigration court. What you get first is Intent to Deny and will be requested for more information. Then you might get approved or return to your previous status. It is only out of status applicants case will be referred to Immigration court if denied.

dont be scared, i seems like your immigration officer was convinced. i had almost the same expereince and my lawyer told me that i should be fine and i got it approved in 2-3 weeks. i am praying for you too

I got to hear from the Asylum office - My case has been referred to the Immigration court.

I dont know what to expect from there - did anyone have similar situation? how many times you guys had to go to immigration court up till the judgement was made?

I am praying that the judge sees the difficulties I have been through and grants me the best positive outcome.

I got to hear from the Asylum office - My case has been referred to the Immigration court.

I dont know what to expect from there - did anyone have similar situation? how many times you guys had to go to immigration court up till the judgement was made?

I am praying that the judge sees the difficulties I have been through and grants me the best positive outcome.

Asylum82
It must be hard to have been referred to court. But not every try should be a successful one, and I highly encourage you to work with your attorney when it comes to court business. You can't handle it alone unless you are a pro. God will be with you.

By the way what was the reason for referral? filing deadline? inconsistencies? or any other?

Asylum82
It must be hard to have been referred to court. But not every try should be a successful one, and I highly encourage you to work with your attorney when it comes to court business. You can't handle it alone unless you are a pro. God will be with you.

By the way what was the reason for referral? filing deadline? inconsistencies? or any other?

My case is based on my sexual orientation - the reason for referral was that the immigration officer feels that I might go to a different city in home country other than my own city and might be able to lead a happy life. I am disappointed that she did not realize the fact that I have lived in 2 other major cities in my country and I had to go through a lot of mental trauma.
No one hurt me physically in those cities, but the mental trauma was soo severe that I had to undergo therapy and counselling. I am sad about the immig. officer not understanding that mental trauma is also persecution.

I had my assylum interview yesterday. I feel bad. I could do better. My assylum is based on religion. He had first objection on my passport which was issued to me in USA by my country"s embassy. It was a manual passport. I had to renew my passport fin 2015 in order to get SSN and driving license. The embassy only issued manual passports at the time I was issued. It made me confused that the agent had little knowledge that these passports are still being used. He had doubts on it which i understand he kept my passport to send them back after verification. I am positive it is easily verifiable. The only other mistake I made was that in the beginning he has me if I filled all my visa applications and I had said yes but it was not completely right. Because of the attack on me after i went to hiding, i was helped to fill in the form and the agent made an objection on that part. that before I said i filled all my visa applications now i say it as him. Later is true and also in my affidavit. So, I dont know what it means.

I had my assylum interview yesterday. I feel bad. I could do better. My assylum is based on religion. He had first objection on my passport which was issued to me in USA by my country"s embassy. It was a manual passport. I had to renew my passport fin 2015 in order to get SSN and driving license. The embassy only issued manual passports at the time I was issued. It made me confused that the agent had little knowledge that these passports are still being used. He had doubts on it which i understand he kept my passport to send them back after verification. I am positive it is easily verifiable. The only other mistake I made was that in the beginning he has me if I filled all my visa applications and I had said yes but it was not completely right. Because of the attack on me after i went to hiding, i was helped to fill in the form and the agent made an objection on that part. that before I said i filled all my visa applications now i say it as him. Later is true and also in my affidavit. So, I dont know what it means.
I did clear it but i dont know if he was satisfied. how can I remember the date i applied for visa application soon after I was attacked. It was a little detail but i was over whlmed by the attacks i never thought of those. Do you think it is very bad. Everything else went well.