Had Interview Today

cateach

Registered Users (C)
Had Interview Today-Approved!!

We arrived at 12:30 for our 1:00 interview and were taken at 12:45.
The interviewer seemed very serious. She swore us in and asked for origianl documents of passports, BC, etc. and then tore out my I-94. She then asked to provide documents that showed joint status. We had a huge binder prepared for them to keep. She seemed glad that we had made copies for them. She kept copies of joint helath, car insurance, car loan documents and lease for apt. She then asked why we waited so long to file as we have been married 2 years. I informed her I was on H1B and not in a hurry and really wanted to get all this info preapred well. She then asked us to wait in waiting area, Within 10 minutes I hear my name call by front desk lady. She hands me a letter ............. CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR APPLICATION TO ADJUST STATUS HAS BEEN APPROVED. A PERMANENT CARD WILL BE MAILED WITHIN 90 DAYS :)
Thanks for all the help everboby has provided. This forum is great!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!

I just had an update on the USICS site. The email I received stated my I485 was approved and I would recieve welcome letter within 30 days. They provided me a welcome letter at my Interview is the notice I received online different from letter I got at interview? Could this mean my green card is mailed or will I get another notice for that?? Tanks for any help.

After the welcome letter message, my I-485 updated several times on line again with a message saying your GC has been ordered and call them if you dont recieve it in 30 days.
I recieved my GC 7 days after the "gc ordered" message.

I got a welcome letter at the end of my interview and another, slightly different one turned up with a few days, but pretty much saying the same thing. My Green Card turned up within 7 days of the interview...

grundland said:
I got a welcome letter at the end of my interview and another, slightly different one turned up with a few days, but pretty much saying the same thing. My Green Card turned up within 7 days of the interview...

Thanks for the info. I received a welcome letter at the Iinterview, so I guess the letter I am getting now is jsut a different version of that one. I hope I get my greencard mailed as quickly as you did.

cateach said:
She hands me a letter ............. CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR APPLICATION TO ADJUST STATUS HAS BEEN APPROVED. A PERMANENT CARD WILL BE MAILED WITHIN 90 DAYS

Congratulations cateach!

Did you ask for or receive an I-551 ADIT stamp in your passport?