Had Interview at Local Office - EB3 - Need Help!!!

houstonray77

Registered Users (C)
I had my case transferred from the TSC to the Houston District Office in October 2005.
(Concurrently filed December 2003); EB-3, PD= 05/06/2002. 1st FP = Sept. 2004

The I-140 has been approved and waited for a while for an interview. In the meantime I asked my lawyer to do an inquiry in April 2005 and found out that I-485 interview was pending due to FBI check. However, after a second inquiry, my interview was held on Aug. 29, 2005. I was expecting to get my Passport stamped, instead I was handed a letter at the end which said:
"VISA REGRESS SECTION"

"The petition submitted on your behalf was approved and is held in file with the CIS. " Then they go onto talk about visa number regress.

My questions are:
- Does the above language mean that I can basically consider my petition to be "approved" i.e. just waiting a visa number?
- after a visa number becomes available, will I just be sent a letter to get a passport stamp, or will be again subjected to an interview?
- If my fingerprints expire in Mar 2006 and my PD has not become current, will I have to do FP again?
- How can I find out if the FBI check has been cleared?
- What is an LUD? And how does one check that you have one?

Thanks A Bunch

houstonray77 said:
I had my case transferred from the TSC to the Houston District Office in October 2005.
(Concurrently filed December 2003); EB-3, PD= 05/06/2002. 1st FP = Sept. 2004

The I-140 has been approved and waited for a while for an interview. In the meantime I asked my lawyer to do an inquiry in April 2005 and found out that I-485 interview was pending due to FBI check. However, after a second inquiry, my interview was held on Aug. 29, 2005. I was expecting to get my Passport stamped, instead I was handed a letter at the end which said:
"VISA REGRESS SECTION"

"The petition submitted on your behalf was approved and is held in file with the CIS. " Then they go onto talk about visa number regress.

My questions are:
- Does the above language mean that I can basically consider my petition to be "approved" i.e. just waiting a visa number?
------------------------Yes
- after a visa number becomes available, will I just be sent a letter to get a passport stamp, or will be again subjected to an interview?
---------------------will be sent letter or nothing wrong going to local office with Infopass and request for passport stamp if visa number is available
- If my fingerprints expire in Mar 2006 and my PD has not become current, will I have to do FP again?
---------------i think FP are valid for 1 year and if your case is approved I dont think they will ask you go for FP
- How can I find out if the FBI check has been cleared?
------------------ search the threds you can call FBI
- What is an LUD?
-------------------Last Update
And how does one check that you have one?
----------Go to USCIS online case status check page read left site and how to register you case # and get udate by email.

*** your case is approved in local office even if you register you may not see LUD change
Thanks A Bunch

Correction -- Case Transferred to Local Office in Oct. 2004 Not Oct. 2005

Thanks for all your Responses Ginnu- Much much appreciated

As for FP, I do know that they are valid for 18 months!

To go to the INS office with a infopass, to get passport stamp, how certain are you on that?

Thanks again.

houstonray77 said:
Thanks for all your Responses Ginnu- Much much appreciated

As for FP, I do know that they are valid for 18 months!

To go to the INS office with a infopass, to get passport stamp, how certain are you on that?
-------------if letter from Local USCIS not recived then chances of passport stamping 33% . Keep checking the visa bulletin from DOS the day PD becomes current take infopass you visit to them is not going to harm they may send you letter after your visit when you enquire for your passport stamp or approval notice
Thanks again.

I-485 Approved in that Way

Have you heard of any other people who had their I-485 "approved" in the way I mentioned above (that is if I can say with certainity that it is "approved"). Being a little pessimistic!!

My interview was done way back in Jan 05
But the officer just wrote on the passport 'i-485 pending'
because he could not get a visa number he said
my PD is Oct 2002 and by that time retrogression went in to effect.
My feeling is that you need to get an approval notice before
you can get the passport stamped even if PD becomes
current.

Untill then, the case is technically Still 'Pending Status' right?

I dont know what the procedure will be if my PD
becomes current and the interview is done already

Any body come across this scenario?

Pls let me know

Did you get a letter?

Shibu-

Did you get a letter after your interview that said something to the effect thre the petition was approved and is in your INS file.

Also, did the issue of your name check being cleared ever come up during the interview, i.e. did they inform you that it was clear?

Anyone else with anything to add here!

houstonray77 said:
Shibu-

Did you get a letter after your interview that said something to the effect thre the petition was approved and is in your INS file.

Also, did the issue of your name check being cleared ever come up during the interview, i.e. did they inform you that it was clear?

Anyone else with anything to add here!

No. They didn't say anything
I guess it was the first such case that the officer came across
He was not sure about what to do
He checked a few and came back and said they dont have
any instructions on such cases
He did say that send in a note as soon as the PD becomes
current and he will take care of it

And just noted on the passport i-485 pending'
Not heard anything after that