Had i485 interview today. Help?

igotmineatross

Hey guys,

Ok, so i filed i485 in march through my usc wife. Everything went well, and we had the interview today in Chicago.
The interview went very smoothly, both of us are students, and i felt that the officer was very receptive of us. She didnt ask us many questions, we just chatted through the whole thing basically. She just requested to see some documents, and some pictures we had.

My question is, although the interview went very smoothly, and the officer did not object to anything, she didnt explicitly tell us that we were approved after the interview. She just kind of hinted at it, and said that I should be hearing back or receiving a card in 2 weeks or so. She also did not stamp my passport (i'm not sure if that was supposed to happen, but ive read about some instances in which they did).

Should i be worried?

Thank you again.

They normally don't stamp the passport at the interview (it happens occasionally, but that's not the usual process).

It's also common for them to delay the final approval until after a supervisor reviews your application and the interviewer's notes. You have nothing to worry about yet; wait a few weeks before you start getting concerned.

You shouldn't be worried at all. I got the same thing (no decision during the interview... just the hint) and I got CPO the same day when I got home and checked the USCIS website like 6-7 hrs after the interview.

Just chillax and let the good times roll ;)

yea i think everything is good now. just check case status and its on "card production". Keeping my fingers crossed!!! thanks guys.