Had citizenship interview in Denver today

DENVER80230

Registered Users (C)
The process was very smooth and lasted for 3 full minutes. INS officer was professional and friendly and started the interview right on time. He asked me to take the oath first and then reviewed the application. Then he asked me to write a simple sentense, went through history & civics questions (all from the list of 100 INS has on its website) and once I answered first six correctly told me that I passed the exam and the application is approved. He said I will get oath notice in 1 - 2 months.

I had all my tax returns and previous INS documents with me. All he wanted was my drivers license and green card and didn't ask for anything else.

Same here

Hi !

I had my interview last week and was exactly the same in my case.

May be we will bump into each other at the oath.

Do you know where the oath is at Denver, etc.,?

Thanks

DENVER80230 said:
The process was very smooth and lasted for 3 full minutes. INS officer was professional and friendly and started the interview right on time. He asked me to take the oath first and then reviewed the application. Then he asked me to write a simple sentense, went through history & civics questions (all from the list of 100 INS has on its website) and once I answered first six correctly told me that I passed the exam and the application is approved. He said I will get oath notice in 1 - 2 months.

I had all my tax returns and previous INS documents with me. All he wanted was my drivers license and green card and didn't ask for anything else.

I had my interview today at Denver and my experience was eerily similar to yours. The lady was extremely nice and courteous to both me and my wife. It took all of 5 minutes to get through the same steps you went through and finally was told that I can take the oath within the next month !

I did not carry any tax returns or anything else other than the interview notice, green card and license. They did not bother with any of that either. All in all an extremely pleasent experience

Interview Civics questions

Did the officer ask you those civics questions verbally or were they written and you have to write the answers. Does he give you time to think or do you have to answer eright away, in case these were verbal. Please answer. Thanks

The questions were verbal and was given enough time to answer. You don't have to rush (at the same time I don't think you can take a lot of time either).

Hhouston said:
Did the officer ask you those civics questions verbally or were they written and you have to write the answers. Does he give you time to think or do you have to answer eright away, in case these were verbal. Please answer. Thanks

It was computer generated. The officer said she will ask my 10 qeustions and stop once I get at least six correct. She looked at the monitor and asked me the first six questions and I answered them all in about 10 seconds ! I am sure she would give you time to think. They seemed like a set of people really trying to doing a fair job rather than tricking the applicants

Anyone knows the time span between a successful interview and the oath notification letter in Denver ?

Denver Time Tracker

I am in Denver and my timeline is

PD: July 27th, 2005
FD: September 2nd, 2005
ID: Waiting..
OD

Can each of you post your timeline?

PD:
FP:
ID:
OD:

Last edited by a moderator:
PD: 3/30/2005
FD: 6/22/2005
ID: 8/10/2005
OD: 9/14/2005

Had interview on 8/10/2005 and recieved oath notice today for 9/14/2005. Said it is a special ceremony being held in Civic Center Park in downtown Denver.

Hi all - a bit off topic.. sorry

Hiya Denver80230 and all,

A denverite here :D Wondering if y'all know (preferebly by experience) that if it is possible to go give the fingerprints earliear than your scheduled date? I just recieved a notice and am scheduled to go in about 3 weeks.. i think (sorry don;t have the notice in front of me) to center at colfax avenue for fingerprinting, can I just 'walk-in' early and get them done? any ideas?

Regards,
Mr. What

Denver office number ?

Since I had my interview on 08/11 and haven't received the oath notice until yesterday 08/30, I would like to consider calling the Denver office to check on the status.

Do any of you have the number to call in Denver ? I couldn't find it elsewhere including their website

Thanks

asmenon said:
Since I had my interview on 08/11 and haven't received the oath notice until yesterday 08/30, I would like to consider calling the Denver office to check on the status.

Do any of you have the number to call in Denver ? I couldn't find it elsewhere including their website

Thanks
Never mind, the Oath letter came in last week, Looks like my wife and I have to go in different days for it even though we had the fingerprinting and interview the same time..I guess this is just to let us take snaps of each of other :)

Here are my dates as requested:

PD: 04/04/05
FD: 06/28/05
ID: 08/11/05
OD: 09/21/05

Just wanted to share my timeline. This forum was helpful when I was completing the forms.

PD: June 28 2005
FP: Aug 6 2005
ID: Sept 19 2005
OD: Sept 28 2005

Oath ceremonu on September 29th??

My oath ceremony was rescheduled from September 28th to September 29th (the change was mailed on September 16th). I know that all of the ceremonies were held on wednesdays and I see that people are still being scheduled for the Oath on the 28th. Does anyone know if there is another Oath Ceremony on the 29th?
Thanks